• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Ah cool. We were Wyoming and 19th in a shitty basement apt first 3 years of marriage

Says the person in AL.

FWIW, we get a lot of that religious thing in VA because of Falwell's and Robertson's universities, and the Valley is ultra religious, and it has largely resulted in the religious right running the Pub party at a statewide grassroots level. The funny thing is that has hurt them in statewide elections in recent years. In 2013, they ran a right wing religious climate change denier for governor with a lt gov nominee minister who believed yoga can lead to devil worship, instead of a more popular moderate in Bill Bolling, who would have destroyed McAuliffe. They ran a slightly less conservative the last time in Gillispie, who also lost, and they ran an anti immigrant Trump VA campaign manager in Corey Stewart for senator, and he had attended 1 of Jason Kessler's statue events here in Cville with other white supremacists. The political talking heads on TV take for granted that VA is a blue state when in actuality it's still a fairly conservative state where the Pubs still slightly control the general assembly. But what the state Pub party hasn't realized is they can no longer run people like George Jethro Allen and win statewide races with total right wingers.

I think being from Alabama makes me more frustrated and annoyed with religion in politics than someone living in a place like New York where politicians don’t constantly wear their religion on their sleeve. (I grew up in New York but haven’t lived there in over 20 years so maybe this has changed.)

I think being from Alabama makes me more frustrated and annoyed with religion in politics than someone living in a place like New York where politicians don’t constantly wear their religion on their sleeve. (I grew up in New York but haven’t lived there in over 20 years so maybe this has changed.)

Especially since so many Southern Christians do not practice Christianity as it is taught in the New Testament. They practice their religion more akin to that which the New Testament Pharisees practiced.

Especially since so many Southern Christians do not practice Christianity as it is taught in the New Testament. They practice their religion more akin to that which the New Testament Pharisees practiced.

The implication that only southern Christians in Alabama, or they in particular, don’t practice New Testament teachings, as opposed to wealthy elites in, for example, Overland Park Kansas, is wrong. Or the wealthy Catholics in Prairie Village? Kansas donating to the church with money from the pay day loan industry and then kicking out a child of gay parents. Plenty of hypocrisy to go around.

The implication that only southern Christians in Alabama, or they in particular, don’t practice New Testament teachings, as opposed to wealthy elites in, for example, Overland Park Kansas, is wrong. Or the wealthy Catholics in Prairie Village? Kansas donating to the church with money from the pay day loan industry and then kicking out a child of gay parents. Plenty of hypocrisy to go around.

I’m not sure that was the implication. The Christians in Kansas are just as full of bullshit as the Christians in Alabama and I’m pretty sure ADT knows that.

I’m not sure that was the implication. The Christians in Kansas are just as full of bullshit as the Christians in Alabama and I’m pretty sure ADT knows that.

Yeah, maybe. But it seems to be a constant stereotype of southern christians in particular, which is what I thought ADT was maybe reinforcing. If it wasn't the implication, apologies.

Yeah, maybe. But it seems to be a constant stereotype of southern christians in particular, which is what I thought ADT was maybe reinforcing. If it wasn't the implication, apologies.

I only referenced Southern Christians because Zazu is from Alabama. There are a lot of Christians in every state that practice similarly.

Cville is the one that brought up AL...as if by living here I had less standing to frustrated about politicians flaunting their religion as a qualification for office.

Cville is the one that brought up AL...as if by living here I had less standing to frustrated about politicians flaunting their religion as a qualification for office.

Which is ironic considering the fact that cville posts as if living in Charlottesville gives him more standing to comment on Democratic and electoral politics.

Remember that Trump guy in NYC who was in the paper all the time for cheating on his wives and shady business deals. He claims to be a Christian now.

Didn't mean it like that, sorry. Unfortunately, AL is still a state where those types of evangelicals still win elections, and fortunately, VA is now turning the other way.

Strick, why would being from any particular city give any of us more standing to comment on electoral politics? If anything, it'd be the opposite because our city government has become completely dysfunctional.

Man, the supporters of various Democratic presidential candidates are starting to take the gloves off.

dr5z5j.jpg

Cute.

Back