• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Ahhh, your going to be so poor working as a lawyer with a degree from a tier one school. The system must really suck for you.

1) In no way, shape, or form is the University of Kansas Law School a tier one institution.
2) I'm not practicing law once I graduate
3) This is completely ignoring the point that the original post was making which was that you thought I was looking down my nose at a $40K job when I really would be overjoyed to get one.

1) In no way, shape, or form is the University of Kansas Law School a tier one institution.
2) I'm not practicing law once I graduate
3) This is completely ignoring the point that the original post was making which was that you thought I was looking down my nose at a $40K job when I really would be overjoyed to get one.

1.) I am sorry you live in Kansas
2.) I didn't think you were looking down at a 40K a job year. I think with 7 years of education 40K should be seen as a bare minimum.
3.) If you are voluntarily choosing to work in a field that pays like shit, that isn't reflective of a bad economy or broken system.
4.) The deck isn't stacked against you, I am sure you could have been making way more money by now if that was your choice.

What I think Shoo was saying (and what I generally agree with) is that throwing your religion in people's faces at all opportunities is tiresome, especially for those that are not also religious. It's even worse when those same people become extremely judgmental about your lack of faith and that you must be inherently a bad person because of such lack of faith, but become uber-defensive and sometimes hostile if you ask them to not throw religion everywhere. Just look at how polarizing Tim Tebow was to a lot of people.

What catamount does not (cannot?) grasp is that it is not a criticism of Christianity, it's a criticism of all religions in such overwhelming "I AM XXXXXX, HEAR ME ROAR" statements.

And it's even worse when you are spear fishin' for doo doo sharks behind God's back.

Did you work, or do you just kinda go have fun for a year? This is a wild concept to me.

I worked part-time serving tables and bartending and for a few months I went home to help take care of a family member. I didn't know what I wanted to do for a career and I was 22 years old.

A gap year is pretty common around the world, though most people I met while I studied abroad took theirs between secondary school and university.

Did you work, or do you just kinda go have fun for a year? This is a wild concept to me.

Lolz did you really go to wake? You've never heard of rich kids fucking off for a year before they get a real job or going to grad school.

I guess you don't know that summer can be a verb, either.

Lolz did you really go to wake? You've never heard of rich kids fucking off for a year before they get a real job or going to grad school.

He didn’t go to Wake.

ADT, did you have a gap year or just an unfulfilling work year?

He didn’t go to Wake.

ADT, did you have a gap year or just an unfulfilling work year?

Well it was intended as a gap year to figure out my life. I had a lot of shit happen through my undergraduate career and I needed a break from everything, which is why I picked up a mindless job like serving and bartending where I didn't have to use my brain. The tragedy is that somewhere along that line when I went back home to help my family, I decided to go to law school.

Kids, don't go to law school.

In the last few pages I have learned that catamount is a townie and that cville was raised by a pack of traveling tent revivalists. Things now make much more sense.

And also, nothing about that serving/bartending job was unfulfilling. I met some of the best people I'll ever meet and had a great experience working there.

catamount is a Catamount.

After Wake, half my friends did a year in Jackson Hole, WY and the other half did a year in St. Thomas. They all had shit jobs but I am sure they were still heavily subsidized by parents/family trusts.

I was bummed bc I was accepted to law school and wanted to defer for a year and do the same, but my parents told me if I wanted their assistance with LS, I would go straight through.

Definitely heard of gap year, but after Wake, none of my core group of friends took one. We all scattered and mostly got “entry” level jobs.

#anecdotes

I’m just a townie, directional school, filth.

Kamala Harris deserves a bump for her performance today. I feel like she’s done a terrible job so far, but her hearing sound bite feels like a turning point.

I feel like Kamala is who a lot of people would like to win but yeah, she hasn’t done a great job of making her case. She should be a clear #3 right now.

After Wake, I was unsubsidized paralegal for 2 years before law school working with another Wake grad and my future wife, living in a shitty three story walk up in Adams Morgan with a bunch of other wake dudes, and the building stayed with Wake dudes long after I left. The best times.

Back