• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

What discipline? A SCOTUS Justice is going to get disbarred?

Overconfidence in the process is how we got here.

What discipline? A SCOTUS Justice is going to get disbarred?

Overconfidence in the process is how we got here.

You need to decide if you want to talk about the legal system or SCOTUS specifically.

SCOTUS justices don’t need to be lawyers, so disbarment wouldn’t matter. Impeachment is the proper procedure.

I’ve always been talking about SCOTUS. Now we are back to this afternoon.

I'm trying to. Answer the question I've posed twice. Are you saying Alito would get fired? Who would fire him? The Republican-led Senate?

Elizabeth Warren isn’t doing high dollar fundraiser or calling potential big donors. She’s calling any donors.

“Elizabeth Warren called me!” is turning into a meme
Warren is calling her supporters to say thanks. It’s a savvy political strategy.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...beth-warren-twitter-calls-ashley-nicole-black

Last edited:
Congress has jurisdiction over SCOTUS discipline. Just like your university admin has jurisdiction over you. I’m not sure what your question is?

I'm trying to. Answer the question I've posed twice. Are you saying Alito would get fired? Who would fire him? The Republican-led Senate?

This is my question. It’s straightforward. I’ll accept your last response as an answer.

It seems like you’re trying to claim the Republicans in the Senate would impeach a Justice for coordinating to overturn Roe v. Wade. I think that’s highly unlikely.

This is my question. It’s straightforward. I’ll accept your last response as an answer.

It seems like you’re trying to claim the Republicans in the Senate would impeach a Justice for coordinating to overturn Roe v. Wade. I think that’s highly unlikely.

Nowhere did I claim they would.

Nowhere did I claim they would.

You said this:

Congress has jurisdiction over SCOTUS discipline. Just like your university admin has jurisdiction over you. I’m not sure what your question is?

If that's not your point, what is? You said "Impeachment is the proper procedure" but you also didn't say Senate Republicans would convict and remove him (sorry I said impeach above). A conservative justice hellbent on repealing Roe could care less about a threat of impeachment. So what would discourage a conservative justice from coordinating with the states?

You said this:

If that's not your point, what is? You said "Impeachment is the proper procedure" but you also didn't say Senate Republicans would convict and remove him (sorry I said impeach above). A conservative justice hellbent on repealing Roe could care less about a threat of impeachment. So what would discourage a conservative justice from coordinating with the states?

cville answered it above: personal morals and professional ethics. So, nothing.

You said this:

Is the threat of being fired the only reason you don’t cheat to let your students pass? If you knew your admin wouldn’t punish you, would you give them the answer key?

I think the 18 year term limit for SC justices idea needs to be considered/promoted.

Well, he is a spectacle.

But I don’t think he’s entertaining in a satisfying way.

I think the 18 year term limit for SC justices idea needs to be considered/promoted.

The Dims lost an election, and now they want to limit Supreme Court justices' terms, pack the Supreme Court, do away with the electoral college, add safe Dim states, expand electoral fraud through ballot harvesting, maintain the chaos of open borders, encourage defying the law through illegal immigration and sanctuary cities, ruin the economy with the pointless and unworkable Green New Deal, legalize the killing of babies inside and outside the womb, expand drug use, encourage those attacking free speech, do away with well-established constitutional rights, and falsely promise to provide free college and health care for all... and Donald Trump is the threat to the Constitution and the country? The Donkeys are headed for a cliff. With policies like these, godspeed, step left this way.

Back