• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Def will be interesting how much support transitions from Biden to Harris after this

Def will be interesting how much support transitions from Biden to Harris after this

A good bit. Harris gave plenty of voters a reason to vote for her. I think a solid portion of that Biden support, especially from women and black voters, is people who hadn't been impressed by Kamala yet.

I think yall are fooling yourselves. She had a nice night but Biden is a known commodity.

Wait RJ is giving the silver to the guy who said it's time for the young to take over???

I've been saying that for many years.

Harris was as close to the rest of both nights' candidates as the silver medalist in Mexico City was to Bob Beamon.

A good bit. Harris gave plenty of voters a reason to vote for her. I think a solid portion of that Biden support, especially from women and black voters, is people who hadn't been impressed by Kamala yet.

I'd say it's probably more people who haven't heard of her.

9051-why-biden.png

I do think Harris did solid work getting herself in the top tier tonight.

Yeah that was weird, I was expecting him to be dynamic.

Def a tougher debate to make headway in than last night's with four of the top five in the polls, they were always going to get the limelight

I thought Gillibrand did OK-she had to force her way in before, but I liked her McConnell answer. That one would have really stood out last night.

Biden is great!

Chris, we get it, you love Biden

Biden might not win, but there seems to be some wishful thinking that he is going to go from frontrunner to also ran status in no time. I think its silly and not really consistent with past elections.

I liked Harris. I think she did some nice things tonight. Do I expect huge swings in the polls from this? No. I think she will get a bump.

I think yall are fooling yourselves. She had a nice night but Biden is a known commodity.

Weird statement to make after a nationally televised debate. It's similar to the points Hillary then McCain made about Obama in 2008. They made sense in early 2007, but Obama kept getting more known. Eventually it made no sense.

I'd say it's probably more people who haven't heard of her.

Nah, they know her in SC. They don't know her as much as they know Biden, but they know her.

Being a former prosecutor -- and a very punitive one -- is certainly an obstacle to overcome

Obama eventually won, but that was a close election. Much closer than Clinton Sanders. Maybe Harris can do the same. Tonight was a nice night for her.

Being a former prosecutor -- and a very punitive one -- is certainly an obstacle to overcome

Sure. But who is going to call her out on it and get away with it? I'm sure she has her rebuttals ready.

Gotta imagine Biden brings it up next time to fight back. At least if he actually gives a shit about this whole thing

If not biden somebody else will bring up the inconsistencies in her prosecutorial record like the fact that she tried to keep innocent people in jail on legal technicalities. Much like Biden had to make compromises in the racial environment of the 70s, she had to make compromises as political prosecutor in a more law and order era.

This isn't going to be the race like 2016 where the frontruner doesn't attack the challenger.

Last edited:
Biden's people saying that is indicative of my premise that he might be out of the race by fall.

By the way, Trump just sat with Putin in Osaka. Trump was asked if he believed Putin would meddle in our election. Trump smirked at Putin and said, "Don't meddle in our election, OK."

Putin smiled.

This is outrageous, We might as well put Putin on the GOP ticket.

Back