• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I’m not going to get real worried when sailor the propaganda whore doesn’t like a Democrat candidate.

You really shouldn’t pay attention to any republican or former republicans opinion on democrat candidates. They are a party that had multiple opportunities to prevent the shit stain in chief that we have now and decided nah that’s a good President right there. Their judgement of things may be pretty poor to fucking horrendous.

As a person who was actually bused, it was about logistics to our family. There is a reason people prefer neighborhood schools.

In addition, for many, or even most, families the quality of neighborhood schools was a central consideration is selecting where they bought a house or chose to live. They were understandably not particularly pleased to see their children bused to schools in different neighborhoods.

Reactions: ONW
You really shouldn’t pay attention to any republican or former republicans opinion on democrat candidates. They are a party that had multiple opportunities to prevent the shit stain in chief that we have now and decided nah that’s a good President right there. Their judgement of things may be pretty poor to fucking horrendous.

Dems can get angry all they want at GOP, with some good reason IMO, but really need to look in the mirror - no way in hell Donald effin' Trump should have been able to garner *almost 50% of the vote. Dems need to put up better candidates, plain and simple. Maybe this time will be different.

You don't have to go back to busing to find problematic Biden shit, he's got his name all over the War on Drugs and the 94 Crime Bill. We're not talking Kamala Harris prosecuting stuff or Klobs being tough on crime, or other Dems voting for this, we're talking authoring much of the super racist legislation that the party is just now starting to turn around.

When you make votes for forty years, you will have some stinkers. I notice you don't mention Biden being the power the Violence Against Women Act or getting assault banned for a decade.

I notice you don't talk about Bernie's multiple votes for the NRA in the 2000s. How come those aren't disqualifying?

I've said many times that I don't expect Biden to make it through the fall.

Yeah that was the dumbest shit I've heard in a long time. It rivals some of Trump's greatest hits.

Nah, I know you’re a pub but surely you know that’s ridiculous. You can probably find many Trump quotes in just the past few days that top anything any of the candidates said last night.

It's actually appropriate, because there is no chance that the Big Orange Serial Rapist will accept the results of the election if he loses.

I go back and forth on this. I wouldn't say no chance, especially if it's not that close. On the 1 hand, I don't think he really wanted to be president in the 1st place, and he doesn't appear to enjoy many aspects of the job. On the other, he can't accept losing in any way, and I can certainly see him resorting to court action if he loses. The other interesting aspect here is how close does he feel he is to being criminally prosecuted once he's out of office. If that is a real fear as we get close to January, 2021, he could become even more dangerous than he already is.

In addition, for many, or even most, families the quality of neighborhood schools was a central consideration is selecting where they bought a house or chose to live. They were understandably not particularly pleased to see their children bused to schools in different neighborhoods.

Right. They specifically bought where they could avoid black people.

Dems can get angry all they want at GOP, with some good reason IMO, but really need to look in the mirror - no way in hell Donald effin' Trump should have been able to garner *almost 50% of the vote. Dems need to put up better candidates, plain and simple. Maybe this time will be different.

Trump didn’t get those votes from Democrats. Republicans are going to stick with Trump no matter who the candidate is. If they don’t want Trump, vote for another candidate in the GOP primary.

When you make votes for forty years, you will have some stinkers. I notice you don't mention Biden being the power the Violence Against Women Act or getting assault banned for a decade.

I notice you don't talk about Bernie's multiple votes for the NRA in the 2000s. How come those aren't disqualifying?

I've said many times that I don't expect Biden to make it through the fall.

Come on, dude, Bernie's voting record is way better than Biden's on the whole. And the Crime Bill was not an oopsie stinker, it was a thousands of page long intentional work of legislation. There's no whoops we accidentally incarcerated generations of nonwhites for nonviolent crimes.

nobody is saying you can't make bad votes and never live it down

people are saying doubling down on bad votes with the luxury of hindsight or offering half-ass non-apologies (Anita Hill) are not okay

Harris/Mayor Pete would be a strong ticket, and I think either of them would make a great president.

Harris and Mayor Pete are my favorites at this point, but the fact that Catamount said this is making me second guess my judgment.

And it should be said Bernie voted for the crime bill under protest because he thought it was terrible in total but the Violence Against Women Act was part of it that he liked.

Bernie's gun vote history isn't great, but his first run for House in 88 he ran on an assault weapon ban and lost. He has a pretty mixed record since, but I think he learned from that problem in his 2016 campaign and has been pretty solid the last couple years. He’s co-sponsored bills to expand background checks, ban assault weapons, further prohibit domestic abusers from getting firearms, encourage the passage of “red flag” laws, restrict 3D-printed guns, etc.

I go back and forth on this. I wouldn't say no chance, especially if it's not that close. On the 1 hand, I don't think he really wanted to be president in the 1st place, and he doesn't appear to enjoy many aspects of the job. On the other, he can't accept losing in any way, and I can certainly see him resorting to court action if he loses. The other interesting aspect here is how close does he feel he is to being criminally prosecuted once he's out of office. If that is a real fear as we get close to January, 2021, he could become even more dangerous than he already is.

I think Trump was initially running to promote his book, which is what I suspect is also the reason Williamson is running. If Trump loses, I see him fleeing to a non-extradition country.

nobody is saying you can't make bad votes and never live it down

people are saying doubling down on bad votes with the luxury of hindsight or offering half-ass non-apologies (Anita Hill) are not okay

Biden's performance towards Harris was awful.

And it should be said Bernie voted for the crime bill under protest because he thought it was terrible in total but the Violence Against Women Act was part of it that he liked.

Bernie's gun vote history isn't great, but his first run for House in 88 he ran on an assault weapon ban and lost. He has a pretty mixed record since, but I think he learned from that problem in his 2016 campaign and has been pretty solid the last couple years. He’s co-sponsored bills to expand background checks, ban assault weapons, further prohibit domestic abusers from getting firearms, encourage the passage of “red flag” laws, restrict 3D-printed guns, etc.

Let me get this straight. It's OK for Bernie to have horrific votes by changing his position, but the same isn't true for Biden.

I think there's a word for this and it starts with hy....

Back