• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

There is so much good Marianne Williamson stuff on twitter right now.

Not only the book, but I think he may have been on the verge of establishing a new conservative media outlet to compete with Fox. And yes, I would monitor Air Force One's itinerary in early January, 2021.

Edited to add that I was responding to deactherunner. My bad.

The Care Bears one is pretty good.

She’s basically the Ben Carson of this race and that’s favorable to Ben Carson. Ben Carson was near the top of the polls for awhile and is now HUD Secretary.

Let me get this straight. It's OK for Bernie to have horrific votes by changing his position, but the same isn't true for Biden.

I think there's a word for this and it starts with hy....

Once again dude, their voting records aren't even close.

sailor, how many black kids went to your quality school?

There’s plenty of evidence out there that “good school” is just a different way to say “white school.” Same for “good neighborhood.”

Not only the book, but I think he may have been on the verge of establishing a new conservative media outlet to compete with Fox. And yes, I would monitor Air Force One's itinerary in early January, 2021.

Edited to add that I was responding to deactherunner. My bad.

Russia/North Korea tour that he does not return from...

sailor, how many black kids went to your quality school?

There’s plenty of evidence out there that “good school” is just a different way to say “white school.” Same for “good neighborhood.”

there were some but Blacks students were definitely a minority

your second statement is just further evidence that your obsession with race has come severely to limit your ability to think and to understand

if you can't think outside the confines of race, you can't think

No. I realize many people can’t think outside the confines of race and I try to understand it.

Again, I’m not making this up. This is real stuff. How do parents with little experience in education judge schools without knowing the curriculum, meeting the teachers, meeting students, etc? They use race as a proxy.

Last edited:
No. I realize many people can’t think outside the confines of race and I try to understand it.

Again, I’m not making this up. This is real stuff. How do parents with little experience in education judge schools without knowing the curriculum, meeting the teachers, meeting students, etc? They use race as a proxy.

don't be ridiculous, they talk to other parents

don't be ridiculous, they talk to other parents

Parents with little experience in education...

The idea of sailor’s mom going to the hood to ask black moms about the local school is hilarious.

Test scores? College acceptance rates?

Parents with little experience in education...

The idea of sailor’s mom going to the hood to ask black moms about the local school is hilarious.

like I said before, your obsession with race has severely limited your ability to understand

they talk to the parents, who have students in the local school, and live in the neighborhood where they might settle, seems like a no-brainer for any parent concerned with their child's education

Reactions: DG3

Yup. No information out there on the internet on school quality. Impossible to find. You certainly couldn’t go to any real estate site and get a numerical score for every local school.

What I’ve read today on this thread makes me happy. I’m glad a lot of you are coming around on Harris and Buttigieg.

giphy.gif

Yup. No information out there on the internet on school quality. Impossible to find. You certainly couldn’t go to any real estate site and get a numerical score for every local school.

Don't be ridiculous. Much easier if you just ask your neighborhood klansman where to go to school.

greatschools.org

We limited our housing search to anything rated 7 or above.

Back