• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I thought Gillibrand did OK-she had to force her way in before, but I liked her McConnell answer. That one would have really stood out last night.

She did well. I like her focus on family bill of rights. We'll see if that helps her in the polls.

Weird that Joe is staying on the stage while everyone else is walking among the people. Maybe it’s because he has secret service protection.

It’s the only way to ensure he doesn’t grope anyone in the crowd.

Sure. But who is going to call her out on it and get away with it? I'm sure she has her rebuttals ready.

One of her problems is that she often comes across as an abrasive, hostile person. Like Trump, she would easily be her own son of a bitch as president. She needs a charm offensive, pictures with puppies and the like. Otherwise she will just regularly keep coming off as Natasha next to Boris, aka Bernie.

“Angry black woman”

Check. So you think she should smile more?

Her demeanor is Kamala de Vil (Harris).

A problem for anyone but especially so in a party that requires constant signals of heartfelt compassion above all else.

Last edited:
One of her problems is that she often comes across as an abrasive, hostile person. Like Trump, she would easily be her own son of a bitch as president. She needs a charm offensive, pictures with puppies and the like. Otherwise she will just regularly keep coming off as Natasha next to Boris, aka Bernie.

Put this post next to "on brand" in the dictionary.

Much like Biden had to make compromises in the racial environment of the 70s.

Lolol he didn’t *have* to

There’s a guy up on stage last night who didn’t

Folks we had to do some racism, it was the times, ok?

Bernie was stealing electricity from his neighbors at the same time.

Busing was a very contentious issue and there is a reason it isn't in practice any more. And I say that as somebody who was bussed an hour each way every day during most of my elementary school education.

here you go, although you probably find the musical selections offensive

Does anyone else roll their eyes when one of these candidates says "I did this, I did that" when we all know that at best, they played a small part in whatever "life changing" event they are trying to hype up?

You mean they didn't build that?

Bob Beamon jumped 8.7% farther than the silver medalist, btw.

Bernie was stealing electricity from his neighbors at the same time.

Busing was a very contentious issue and there is a reason it isn't in practice any more. And I say that as somebody who was bussed an hour each way every day during most of my elementary school education.

CL68: Young Freedom Rider. Ana Duvernay can direct your Netflix miniseries.

The reason it isn’t in practice anymore is the resegregationists have won this battle and many others. Schools are as segregated as they were right after Brown. Neighborhoods are segregated. Separate but “equal” is still in practice. The solutions are more than just moving kids around but there’s little political will to try.

CL68: Young Freedom Rider. Ana Duvernay can direct your Netflix miniseries.

The reason it isn’t in practice anymore is the resegregationists have won this battle and many others. Schools are as segregated as they were right after Brown. Neighborhoods are segregated. Separate but “equal” is still in practice. The solutions are more than just moving kids around but there’s little political will to try.

It was never particularly popular even among minorities in practice. This article explains the nuance of the issue in good detail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...schools/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.414647d35d1a

None of these candidates apparently currently support busing and most Americans prefer that their kids go to neighborhood schools. I am glad my kids never had to ride a bus an hour each way to go to school.

Last edited:
Right. But white opposition to busing wasn’t about logistics. It was about not wanting black kids in their schools. It was an early attempt at a grand experiment.

Right. But white opposition to busing wasn’t about logistics. It was about not wanting black kids in their schools. It was an early attempt at a grand experiment.
As a person who was actually bused, it was about logistics to our family. There is a reason people prefer neighborhood schools.

Back