• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

This. Those scenarios are like hiring Wojo as our basketball coach.

Adding a moderate Republican is toxic. Democrats don’t like moderate Republicans. Republicans don’t like moderate Republicans. It’s a move to attract a small group that would be unlikely to vote Democrat anyway.

Republicans have lost the popular vote in every presidential election since 1988 except 2004. Going more Republican isn’t going to get more votes in the swing states. Being more Democrat is the key.

Honest question - what does it mean to be more Democrat in 2019/20?

What about the independents you need to break left in order to win?

Many of those independents are to the left. Anybody who is on the fence about Trump at this point is going to vote for Trump. People like that are thinking: “I don’t like kids in cages or chumming up with dictators, or erratic trade policy, or rapist in chief. But Liz Warren may raise taxes on people with over $50M in wealth to fix several broken areas of our economy so I’m on the fence.”

I’m guessing you lose 2 or 3 potential liberal voters at least chasing every 1 of those voters.

It doesn’t have to necessarily be the tickets listed above. I’m more just curious about the concept of a Democrat selecting an Independent or Moderate R as a running mate. Feel free to swap anyone else in or make up another ticket.

If a Republican was on the ticket, millions of progressives would stay home. In a normal election, it could work but not next year.

If a Republican was on the ticket, millions of progressives would stay home. In a normal election, it could work but not next year.

Shit, you couldn’t get a bunch of Bernie Bros to vote for Clinton/Kaine, they sure as shit wouldn’t vote for a Republican

Did you watch the debates? Have you followed the primary race? They’re basically doing it. Take Pete’s answer to the guy who asked to just tell blacks to stop committing crimes. It was an unequivocal take down of racism and acknowledge of institutional discrimination. Every Dem candidate even Obama and Hillary would have tap danced with an answer afraid to piss him off for fear of losing white centrists. Pete didn’t and he’s considered a white centrist in this field.

Last edited:

These days it might just mean, in contrast to the insanity of Pubs, to embrace collectivism as a rational way to address common problems. And to not lie about everything.

My Time is Up Joe may be an OWG but when it comes to saying ignorant stuff, he fits right in with the rest of the Dem candidates:

Former Vice President Joe Biden faced mockery Friday for claiming that Russia wouldn't dare "undo" elections on his watch.

During an interview aired Friday on CNN, Biden first blasted President Trump's foreign policy and made a bold prediction that NATO would no longer exist if Trump were re-elected.

"We need allies. He's absolutely dissing them. He's embracing thugs. He's embracing [North Korean dictator] Kim Jong Un. He's embracing [Russian President Vladimir] Putin, who's a flat dictator," Biden said. "And he's stiff-arming our friends. He's threatening NATO to pull out of NATO. I mean, come on!"

"He says he's gotten NATO to give in more money for defense because of his tactics," CNN anchor Chris Cuomo responded.

"Oh, give me a break," the Democratic presidential primary front-runner shot back. "Let me put it this way; If he wins re-election, I promise you there will be no NATO in four years or five years."

The former vice president then pivoted to Putin's interference in elections in European countries like Hungary.

"While Putin's trying to undo our elections, he's actually undoing elections in, in Europe," Biden elaborated. "Look at what's happening in Hungary... look at what's happening! You think that would happen on my watch, on Barack's watch? You can't answer that, but I promise you it wouldn't have. And it didn't."

My Time is Up Joe may be an OWG but when it comes to saying ignorant stuff, he fits right in with the rest of the Dem candidates:

What Dem would you vote for over Trump?

And, if it’s Biden v Trump, who gets your vote?

No bullshit, just simple answers, please.

Frankly, no republican whether disillusioned or not should be listened to on or allowed to make policy these days.

TITCR

I mean, we’re at the point where it’s worth asking how we even re-integrate Trumpites back into civil society.

The 17 votes you pick up from Never Trumpers would not be worth the potential millions of Dem votes you’d lose

I’m a broken record at this point, but Democrats win high turnout elections.

If NED and his disillusioned friends want trump out of office, then the answer is to register voters, knock on doors, and volunteer for whatever Dem wins the nomination.

Organizing gets the goods. Always has been the case and always will be.

Me? Oh Warren/Buttigieg any day of the week. Would probably knock on doors for them.

If you don’t want trump to win, then you (and the rest of us) better knock on doors for whoever wins the nomination.

Now isn’t exactly the time for ideological stands and civic apathy...

What Dem would you vote for over Trump?

And, if it’s Biden v Trump, who gets your vote?

No bullshit, just simple answers, please.

giphy.gif

Marianne Williamson

Makes sense. She's basically the lefty version of Trump.

TITCR

I mean, we’re at the point where it’s worth asking how we even re-integrate Trumpites back into civil society.

I agree. I'm not sure how you fix the big systemic problem in our society and find a place for the #MAGA crowd. What happens to the fascist ICE and Border Patrol officers and staff who need to be purged as part of a humane immigration policy? What happens to QAnon grandma whose children and grandchildren don't visit anymore? How about the Proud Boys we will be stuck with as the US becomes a majority minority country? We've got to figure out how to keep these people from harming themselves and others. We're already doing a poor job of it.

Last edited:
Machiavelli pointed out that in politics being feared was more useful than being loved.

So, I think Marianne might be vulnerable in this area of her thinking.

Machiavelli pointed out that in politics being feared was more useful than being loved.

So, I think Marianne might be vulnerable in this area of her thinking.

Marianne:Left:Love::Trump:Right:Hate

Back