• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

If you have to exclude 13 years of a career to prove someone isn’t a centrist...

My point was that she is co-opting Medicare for All and muddying the water. Whether she is or is not a centrist isn’t relevant to my broader point.

The point of saying not to come at me with her prosecutorial record is because it’s a tired talking point at this point and doesn’t prove anything about her political ideology currently.

And you literally answered “Harris” when asked what centrist was co-opting progressive policies.

What’s the goal, MHB?

What is your goal with respect to health care?

I've already answered this question:

What does medicare for all mean?

A Single Health Program
Everyone will be covered by one health insurance program, administered by the federal government, and have equal access to all medical services and treatments.

Comprehensive Coverage
All services requiring a medical professional will be fully covered. You go to the doctor of your choice. Dental, vision, mental health, and pharmaceuticals are all included.

Free at the point of service
All healthcare costs will be financed through tax contributions based on ability to pay: no copays, no fees, no deductibles and no premiums. Ever.

Universal Coverage
Coverage for all United States residents — non-citizens included.

Jobs
A jobs initiative and severance for those affected by the transition to government-run healthcare.

The point of saying not to come at me with her prosecutorial record is because it’s a tired talking point at this point and doesn’t prove anything about her political ideology currently.

And you literally answered “Harris” when asked what centrist was co-opting progressive policies.

Ok. I'm not interest in debating labels like "progressive" and "centrist," the point I was trying to make was that she is absolutely participating in the co-opting of Medicare for All. And Center for American Progress likes it, so that tells me what I need to know.

People that make blanket statements directed at racial groups suck.

Nah.

Notably, the only specific demographics when excluding party identification (where the votes are obviously polarized) where a plurality of voters favor Donald from yesterday's poll are white men and white people without a college degree. Every other demographic polled featured a plurality who would not vote for him.

Interestingly, only 28% of working class white women approved of his attack on the Congresswomen a couple weeks and it's demographic he carried by 20+ points in 2016. Now white women without a college are "definitely not voting" for Donald right now fairly convincingly. That's a troubling trend for Donald which continues to show women leaving his core base.

It's kind of mind boggling that everything which came to light wasn't enough to deter white women 2016; but I guess if they're coming around now that it's better than never.

Last edited:
That’s great and all, but all that says is that Trump will most likely lose the popular vote. Which he’s already done.

It is super early and Trump has plenty of time to drag his opponent through the mud and assemble his "both candidates suck" caucus, but he won Independents in 2016. (With a plurality, but still.)

Now, the poll also says 51% of those 65 and over said they would definitely not vote for Trump, which seems questionable.

Maybe more self-identified independents now than in 2016 based on people no longer identifying as Republicans if they were anti-Trump conservatives to start with?

People that make blanket statements directed at racial groups suck.

Blanket statements directed at racial groups only count as racism if it comes from the right.

It's most definitely NOT racist if someone on the left makes a comment which stereotypes a racial or religious group.

Just ham handed messaging... that's all. Nothing to see here. Keep moving.

If your own race sucks so much... why didn't you check the box for "Native American" on your law school application?

People suck.

And are, or can be, amazing and beautiful.

Of all races, ages, genders, etc.

Back