• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The beginning of the debate was like a scene in a movie where two rivals are attacked by a group of random thugs. Bernie and Warren fought back to back and took them out one by one.

Pete has been absent in this debate. There's no role here for someone who isn't a desperate moderate or a progressive at the top of the polls. He's in a weird position.

Lol these clowns are not ready for Bernie and Warren

Lol. Trump can't wipe the floor with anyone, least of all Bernie and Warren. That's Insanity. Warren has a strong personality. I don't know what you are watching, rj.

Trump has no debating skills, and he doesn't know shit. He proved that in the 2016 debates with Hillary. On substance she wiped the floor with him, but of course it didn't matter in the slightest. What he does excel at is disrupting the other debater by constantly interrupting with smartass one-liners and zingers ("WRONG!"), thus stealing the spotlight, and by stalking around the stage - he practically loomed over Hillary several times. The real problem with debating Trump is that you're not really debating him in any traditional sense, because he doesn't care about the substance, debating points, debating tactics, or anything like that. He's basically an entertainer and reality-show celebrity competing in what is supposed to be a serious event. His goal is to steal the spotlight as much as possible, disrupt the other person's flow of argument, get under their skin, and make little zingers that everyone talks about the next day. That's going to be the real challenge for any of these Democrats if they win the nomination next year. If they go into the debates simply trying to out-debate him, they'll have lost from the start, imo.

Last edited:
The beginning of the debate was like a scene in a movie where two rivals are attacked by a group of random thugs. Bernie and Warren fought back to back and took them out one by one.

Pete has been absent in this debate. There's no role here for someone who isn't a desperate moderate or a progressive at the top of the polls. He's in a weird position.

Sounds like the perfect VP for President Harris

It's pretty funny they all ended up on the same night with Warren and Sanders, because they are really struggling to distinguish themselves.

Bullock is bordering on Rubio territory with his "wish list economics" phrase.

There’s just nothing there.

ETA: what is moderate ideology, OGB moderates? Is it Kamala’s utterly bizarre debt repayment via gentrification proposal? Help me out here.

CNN framing every question as “are actual policies too extreme?” has kinda backfired for anyone not named Bernie or Warren though I thought Pete Butt did a good job with talking about structural change.

CNN framing every question as “are actual policies too extreme?” has kinda backfired for anyone not named Bernie or Warren though I thought Pete Butt did a good job with talking about structural change.

They know their audience

I’m so on board with Marianne talking about dark psychic energy

If this debate has done anything, it's shown why Sanders, Warren, and Pete are the only ones here who have a legitimate chance. Beto and Klob are solid though.

I feel like CNN's plan was either to turn Delaney into a valiant hero or the villain.

Last edited:
Based on this debate, I would vote for Pete over Trump. Really like his approach.

I haven't read this thread, but I imagine you guys are jerking off Warren and Bernie. Either one of those candidates are a 100% lock for 4 more years of Trump.

Based on this debate, I would vote for Pete over Trump. Really like his approach.

I haven't read this thread, but I imagine you guys are jerking off Warren and Bernie. Either one of those candidates are a 100% lock for 4 more years of Trump.

You could just read the thread and see. There haven't been that many posts about the debate.

Trump would wipe the floor with Bernie or Warren. Bernie is too angry. Warren just isn't a big enough persona.

Hickenlooper, Williamson, Ryan, Beto and Delaney should drop out tomorrow morning.

Holy shit. RJ posted something I agree with.

Bernie
income inequality
3 people with more wealth
Amazon no federal taxes
rinse and repeat

Bernie
income inequality
3 people with more wealth
Amazon no federal taxes
rinse and repeat

Basically. Warren cleaned up a lot of the points he left on the floor by sticking with his same tired talking points.

Ok, I just realized how Pete being gay could be another nail in the coffin for Trump - Pete could split the religious right. The huge unrest in the religious right splitting over the gay issue would be magnified to the extreme. Hell, it might end the entire concept of the religious right as a voting block entirely.

Back