• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

If this debate has done anything, it's shown why Sanders, Warren, and Pete are the only ones here who have a legitimate chance. Beto and Klob are solid though.

I feel like CNN's plan was either to turn Delaney into a valiant hero or the villain.

Bernie doesn’t have a legitimate chance. He’ll float around for a while but I would be absolutely shocked if he got the nomination.

Klobuchar would be a great 90s Republican presidential candidate.

Ph, I’m not sure what his policy vision looks like (ironically), but Pete is just nailing these softballs. This guy could win in Indiana. I hope he runs.

Ok, I just realized how Pete being gay could be another nail in the coffin for Trump - Pete could split the religious right. The huge unrest in the religious right splitting over the gay issue would be magnified to the extreme. Hell, it might end the entire concept of the religious right as a voting block entirely.

What?

sucks that moderates really have no place in our political system today

Moderate is defined by others. There needs to be a moderate champ who can outline a proactive vision that isn't defined as what we cannot do.

Mayor Pete calling out Republicans was the moment of the debate.

Mayor Pete calling out Republicans was the moment of the debate.

He definitely looked the best outside of Warren.

Marianne, y’all. It’s just wild to hear some of her comments in a presidential debate. Good stuff!

I’m all for Pete. He seemed like the most relatable and electable candidate on stage tonight.

Bernie doesn’t have a legitimate chance. He’ll float around for a while but I would be absolutely shocked if he got the nomination.

I saw a comparison to Jesse Jackson in 1984 where Bernie has such a fervent base of like 10-15% that he will be able to stay in the race way longer than a normal primary would allow. Also he isn’t really a Democrat and this might be his last chance to say fuck you to the Dem establishment so I assume he will stick around until the bitter end even when he knows he will never be the nominee.

Bullock - good dude, but sorry.
Williamson - great message, but Trump eats her alive. Comes off too looney.
Delaney - Whew. Wife: "He sounds like an ad for an ambulance chaser's office."
Ryan - This guy is an amazing politician. He comes off so smooth. Great direct messaging.
Hickenlooper - Naw man. OWG doesn't cut it.
Klobuchar - She's a strong point for a VP candidate.
Beto - How the fuck is this guy even allowed on the stage? How the hell did he get elected to congress?
Buttigieg - With Warren as a VP (or maybe even Klobuchar), this guy fucking walks to the White House. Hell, Trump might actually concede the race. I could seriously see that - Trump hates losing, and he would know there's no fucking way Buttigieg could lose.
Warren - Trump eats her;. the center goes almost entirely red or no-shows.
Bernie - Trump eats him; the center goes almost entirely red or no-shows.

Back