• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I thought the candidates all did pretty well tonight. Castro hurt himself with the inaccurate and unsubstantial accusations cast towards Biden. He somewhat recovered but not enough.

Overall, everyone else did pretty well, but not likely to change a lot of minds.

Infinitely better than whatever Pubs are offering.

Once again, Dems were wusses. They went after each other far more than going after Trump.

The main purpose about going after Trump is to keep him pissed off and tweeting 24/7 until next fall.

Two big mistakes happened. One was mean-spirited. The other could come back to bite Dems. The mean-spirited one was Castro attacking Biden's short term memory and then doubling down on it after the debate. I lost a lot of respect for him for doing this and reinforcing it. The one that could come back to haunt Dems is Beto having a mandatory buy back of AR and other assault weapons. It plays right into the hands of the NRA and Trump about "confiscation". It could hurt background checks and limiting magazines.

I thought the candidates all did pretty well tonight. Castro hurt himself with the inaccurate and unsubstantial accusations cast towards Biden. He somewhat recovered but not enough.

Overall, everyone else did pretty well, but not likely to change a lot of minds.

Infinitely better than whatever Pubs are offering.

Biden's answer about remedying the legacy of slavery should be disqualifying (honestly the way he responded to even being asked the question seemed incredibly dismissive). He rambled on with word salad just stating different injustices and ended up blaming black parents for the inequalities that exist.

Last edited:
Once again, Dems were wusses. They went after each other far more than going after Trump.

The main purpose about going after Trump is to keep him pissed off and tweeting 24/7 until next fall.

He's going to tweet regardless.

Biden's answer about remedying the legacy of slavery should be disqualifying (honestly the way he responded to even being asked the question seemed incredibly dismissive). He rambled on with word salad just stating different injustices and ended up blaming black parents for the inequalities that exist.

I agree his answer to that question was seriously lacking and rambling. His worst moment in that debate. He did pretty well otherwise, imo. I think he’s far from the best candidate in the field. Really wish he weren’t running. But I doubt he’ll drop out or lose much support (measured by polling) until or unless he makes bigger mistakes or does poorly in early primary voting.

jesus christ it's like we were watching different debates last night

it's a debate! you're supposed to go after each other!

EEUI3Z5WkAErMHE

i mean this is not what our next president should be saying, and he did this shit all night

trump would absolutely destroy him in a debate

I thought once again Warren was head and shoulders above everyone. Sanders didn't have a good night; he's clearly not as good on guns as the rest of the field, always wants to bring everything back to either M4A or GND (two very big things, but you need to be fluent in everything). Thought Castro, Booker, and Beto were all very good as well, there's a VP in there. Pete and Harris disappointed. Biden's teeth fell out and he couldn't put sentences together or complete his thoughts. Yang and Klobs should drop out.

I'm not so sure anymore. Polling is extremely high in favor some form of gun regulation. If the Dems can keep it focused on high capacity magazines and AR-15 weapons, all of which really should be banned, they might be able to hold the line on that one.

I thought once again Warren was head and shoulders above everyone. Sanders didn't have a good night; he's clearly not as good on guns as the rest of the field, always wants to bring everything back to either M4A or GND (two very big things, but you need to be fluent in everything). Thought Castro, Booker, and Beto were all very good as well, there's a VP in there. Pete and Harris disappointed. Biden's teeth fell out and he couldn't put sentences together or complete his thoughts. Yang and Klobs should drop out.

Warren is really brilliant. I've been a fan for a long time. However I just wonder how her almost nerdy wonkishness would play against someone like Trump on stage and I'm concerned that she'll be labeled too far left.

They’ll label anyone too far left regardless of their positions.

Trump cannot speak with any depth on any topic. I think the last thing we need to worry about is how anyone will do in a “debate” with Trump, if his handlers even let him get on a stage.

Warren is really brilliant. I've been a fan for a long time. However I just wonder how her almost nerdy wonkishness would play against someone like Trump on stage and I'm concerned that she'll be labeled too far left.

compared to Hillary, i think she would bring a barrage down on Trump

His entire debate strategy with Warren will be trying to call her Pocahontas the whole time. Better watch out!

Maybe his handlers will try to script some attack points for him but he’s too lazy to understand them and won’t be able to expand on them when pressed.

There’s little chance they will let him debate.

I really think he will sit out the debates. I do think he would relish the opportunity to call Warren "Pocahontas" to her face, so maybe he does the first one then cancels the other two and holds rallies instead.

They’ll label anyone too far left regardless of their positions.

Trump cannot speak with any depth on any topic. I think the last thing we need to worry about is how anyone will do in a “debate” with Trump, if his handlers even let him get on a stage.

It's a little easier to label Warren as far left when she says she wants to get rid of all private insurance than it is to label someone like Biden. And yeah, there will be 3 presidential debates so we do need to think about it. Warren is all over the substance, if she can add in some shorter zingers, I'd be more confident in her debating Trump. I'm all into the candidates having serious substance. But Trump being elected and the size of his rallies should be proof to all of you that such knowledge isn't what is required to be elected.

People were actually bothered by Castro going after Biden? I thought that was one of his strongest moments. We are already dealing with a mentally declining buffoon in the White House, and Biden is even older (although less buffoon-y). It’s absolutely fair to have a conversation about whether a candidate will have the mental faculties to handle the Presidency.

Back