• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Well in addition to being PC obsessed ( I can only imagine how awful it is being a student in Strickland's classes), he clearly isn't very comfortable with his sexuality.

Interesting read from someone who was at the wine cave.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/21/about-that-wine-cave-dinner-i-was-there/

The big reveal here is that guest didn’t even have to pay $2800 to attend. They had to have maxed out their donation. The author was a frequent donator.

“To attend the dinner, donors were asked to “max out” — to contribute the maximum allowed by law to a primary candidate. I made my first contribution to Mayor Pete back in May at a San Francisco fundraiser that was attended by close to 1,000 people. I’ve made additional contributions since, including buying a bumper sticker from his campaign shop. (It’s not every day in America that a gay man has a realistic chance of becoming president, so yes, my partner and I probably qualify as enthusiastic.) All of these contributions count toward the individual limit of $2,800.

So, exactly how much more did it cost to attend that infamous wine cave dinner? In my case, the answer is $11.”

“Warren also declined to say whether she would release the names of influential donors who helped bundle contributions from others during her Senate campaigns.

“What matters is which way we’re pushing this thing,” she said. “This is about what we’re doing now, and the conflicts we’re creating right now.””

Not a good look.

Tapatalk must be reading this attractiveness debate. Every fifth post is followed by a Tulsi ad.

Interesting read from someone who was at the wine cave.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/12/21/about-that-wine-cave-dinner-i-was-there/

The big reveal here is that guest didn’t even have to pay $2800 to attend. They had to have maxed out their donation. The author was a frequent donator.

“To attend the dinner, donors were asked to “max out” — to contribute the maximum allowed by law to a primary candidate. I made my first contribution to Mayor Pete back in May at a San Francisco fundraiser that was attended by close to 1,000 people. I’ve made additional contributions since, including buying a bumper sticker from his campaign shop. (It’s not every day in America that a gay man has a realistic chance of becoming president, so yes, my partner and I probably qualify as enthusiastic.) All of these contributions count toward the individual limit of $2,800.

So, exactly how much more did it cost to attend that infamous wine cave dinner? In my case, the answer is $11.”

Did you look at who the author was?

Did you look at who the author was?

Does that mean he lied? What specifically do you have a problem with here? The location? People making out donations?

Health insurance execs aren’t the donors I want in 2019. This guy already bought himself an ambassadorship once during the Clinton years. The party has talked about doing away with that kind of thing. I’m not bothered by your continued support of Pete, it’s clear to me you think he’s the best man for the job and don’t mind these tactics. Just pointing out my own personal distaste for it.

How do you think Democrats are going to win without voters from one of the largest industry sectors?

Healthcare execs represent less than 1% of healthcare jobs, and their salaries are some of the worst examples of being 40-50x the average employee salary at their workplace. On the other end within the sector Bernie has the Nurses Union. One of those is better aligned with the 2019 party.

But of a more substantive note, there’s some good stuff in here: https://peteforamerica.com/policies/immigration/

Healthcare execs represent less than 1% of healthcare jobs, and their salaries are some of the worst examples of being 40-50x the average employee salary at their workplace. On the other end within the sector Bernie has the Nurses Union. One of those is better aligned with the 2019 party.

But of a more substantive note, there’s some good stuff in here: https://peteforamerica.com/policies/immigration/

Is there a roster of which people in health care Democrats should accept votes from?

Nurses good.

Health care execs bad.

How about actuaries? Health insurance brokers? Pharma reps?

I’ll let 2010 Pete explain it

Back