• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Sticking to your guns against documented research. How academic. If bkf says that water is blue and you insist its red, then i am going to agree with him.

can you cite this research for me (the original articles and not some blog, please, bkffan)? not all research is good research. academia gave us phrenology, eugenics, and evolutionary psychology, all of which is documented research too

one group is arguing that looks and personal finances are criteria people use to assess a candidate

another group is arguing that looks and personal finances shouldn't be criteria people use to assess a candidate

these are not conflicting thoughts

nope

I haven’t been physically attracted to a presidential candidate in my lifetime

You?

it's ok, i know you're down in the hole and scared. We all know you're smart enough to know the difference between "physical attributes" and "attractiveness"

one group is arguing that looks and personal finances are criteria people use to assess a candidate

another group is arguing that looks and personal finances shouldn't be criteria people use to assess a candidate

these are not conflicting thoughts

Apparently stickland is arguing the first thought, and he is pulling out every logical fallacy in the book to do it.

nope

I haven’t been physically attracted to a presidential candidate in my lifetime

You?

So if it doesn’t matter to straight dudes, it doesn’t matter at all. Good thoughts, Strick.

I'm not physically attracted to obama but he is an attractive man in general and it certainly helped him establish a presence and gravitas.

I mean the presidency is such a small sample size but it’s logical to extrapolate the tons of research conducted on job hiring that shows attractiveness, fitness, height, weight, hair, name, etc... all matter to some degree.

I love that ChrisL is now on a deranged quest to support bkf's troll take on Harris and trying to convince himself that Obama is attractive while he is not physically attracted to him. ChrisL, Jordan Peterson is doing a lot of important, paradigm-shifting research that I'm sure you would love!

Ph, I don't understand your comment and I find a lot of politicians (and people more generally) of both sexes and a range of gender presentations attractive, just not presidential candidates in my lifetime. You're also making a hell of an assumption about my sexuality, fwiw.

LGJ, I know that research exists. A lot of it has been pioneered in my field. Usually, the upshot is that it's fucked up and "-ist" to evaluate people on those characteristics. My original point was that FD/bkf's post was misogynistic for implying that Harris should be VP over Abrams because she's more "photogenic." I'm going to stay with my stance while y'all debate candidates' looks and try to figure out if it's okay to judge female candidates' worth based on looks because "everybody does it."

itc, I liked you better when you were bdz. try harder, plz

Back