• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Also if you knew the research existed then why did you just pretend that it didn't? Jesus you have issues. Probably the best thing you can do for a Democratic candidate is to not phone bank for them.

ChrisL - opinions are like assholes, but also can't be wrong. You also might want to check your math. You also might enjoy the alt-right with your taste in gender scholarship. Last I remember, you're bald, but you could probably draw on one of those sweet fascist parts.

I know the research exists (where did I pretend that it didn't, btw?), but I find it misogynistic. You look like a guy who would be really into phrenology because it's "scientific." Not everything that comes out of the academia is good research. Not everything that is published in a peer-reviewed journal is good research. A lot of it is bad and you should be a lot more discerning than just citation hunting to win points in an internet debate.

Last edited:
Short and a little pudgy too. I wouldn't make a good candidate from an appearance perspective.

ITC - what were your thoughts on the debate? I didn't think it was all that interesting. Another disappointing "meh" from Warren, Klobuchar and Buttigieg kept trying to out-douche each other (and I turned it off before I found out who won), and Biden and Sanders still look to me like they'll come out in front because they're at least marginally competent at politics.

ITC - what were your thoughts on the debate? I didn't think it was all that interesting. Another disappointing "meh" from Warren, Klobuchar and Buttigieg kept trying to out-douche each other (and I turned it off before I found out who won), and Biden and Sanders still look to me like they'll come out in front because they're at least marginally competent at politics.

yeah basically this - which is probably why there is so little coverage. kind of a nothingburger "debate"

ChrisL - opinions are like assholes, but also can't be wrong. You also might want to check your math. You also might enjoy the alt-right with your taste in gender scholarship. Last I remember, you're bald, but you could probably draw on one of those sweet fascist parts.

I know the research exists (where did I pretend that it didn't, btw?), but I find it misogynistic. You look like a guy who would be really into phrenology because it's "scientific." Not everything that comes out of the academia is good research. Not everything that is published in a peer-reviewed journal is good research. A lot of it is bad and you should be a lot more discerning than just citation hunting to win points in an internet debate.

Not sure where the research that would support that Obama would have an advantage over a short bald pudgy guy like me (to just about everybody except Marisa Tomei) would be misogynistic. Research that concludes that appearances matter regardless of gender isn't prejudiced against women.

Phrenology is pseudoscience. This is generally accepted behavioral common sense that is confirmed with multiple studies.

Not really sure what Jordan Peterson or the alt right has to do with this argument. You have completely lost it. Your arguments for a college professor are terrible.

Last edited:
i thought biden was the most lucid he's been yet, which is saying very little

but he had fewer incoherent rambles about 70s pool parties in delaware so that's good

I figured bkf would give himself an aneurysm soon from trying to restrain his typical posting style. The restraint was not particularly convincing anyway. So it’s probably somewhat of a relief for him that LK ended it.

Bernie raised over $1MM yesterday, most in a single day so far. His campaign was "I don't take money from billionaires or PACs, so send me $3 if you can."

If Bernie won the nomination, and Bloomberg made a $2,800 donation to his campaign, Bernie would send it back?

Idk about the general but my guess based on all available evidence is yes, he’d send it back. Luckily I don’t think we have to worry about billionaire donors to Bernie.

Back