• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Who cares about appointing ambassadors, honestly what does it even matter?

Townie is worried about who the next ambassador to the Bahamas will be while Trump is going to get re-elected.

Who cares about appointing ambassadors, honestly what does it even matter?

Townie is worried about who the next ambassador to the Bahamas will be while Trump is going to get re-elected.

Yeah. There’s certainly no recent history of politically appointed non professional ambassadors being used to further light treason.

boy it's that precise level of cynicism that makes me want to get out of bed and vote for pete buttigieg

It's not cynicism. Who cares who is the US Ambassador to Tahiti?

RE: Warren not winning- she scared millions of people out of the box saying she was going to end their private healthcare. Regardless of how she walked it back, that will be used against her in a huge way. She had the momentum early and has let it go. Unless something happens to Bernie, she will very likely stay at #2 on the far left.

BTW, why haven't you chastised her for putting big money donations from her Senate money into her presidential run?

What am I thinking? It's OK for her to take money but not anyone else.

All these hilarious references to tahiti and bahamas aside, haven't we literally just gone through fucking impeachment proceedings involving one particularly shitty pay to play ambassador? I'm not saying it's problem number one, in fact, I think it's worse that a potential President would have to spend time on the phone talking to the donor class or worse yet to think that they'd be the first name on the call list putting together a team to write policy.

As for Warren taking big money before and not taking it now, I'm happy she's in the right place now. Like most things, Bernie has been consistently right for just about forever. In either case, they're better than the dumb cynical "we can't do better with the current rules" horseshit Pete's supporters keep on about. At least Biden and Klobs are honest about it.

It's not cynicism. Who cares who is the US Ambassador to Tahiti?

RE: Warren not winning- she scared millions of people out of the box saying she was going to end their private healthcare. Regardless of how she walked it back, that will be used against her in a huge way. She had the momentum early and has let it go. Unless something happens to Bernie, she will very likely stay at #2 on the far left.

BTW, why haven't you chastised her for putting big money donations from her Senate money into her presidential run?

What am I thinking? It's OK for her to take money but not anyone else.

Are people willfully ignoring that it’s not the money that’s the issue? It’s the influence that is being bought with the money?

She and Bernie have pledged to ensure that donations to them won’t have the appearance or expectation of pay to play.

The latest scuttlebutt is that Obama is talking to the old boys network of big donors trying to warm them to Warren but Warren actively turned away a couple of the first people to reach out. She updated her campaign page to say she won't accept donations above $200 for any exec from certain sectors (tech, finance, interestingly not health).

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids townie. The last couple of posts feel like you are fapping furiously.

The idea that one can only truly vote for a candidate that “gets them excited “ is fascinating

That's a straw man. The point isn't that you can only vote for someone who excites you, it's that you should vote based on what excites *you*, rather than trying to vote on behalf of some hypothetical moderate swing constituency. At this point in time there *already* is a candidate who gets millions of Democratic voters excited, and who poll after poll leads in trust and popularity with general Dem voters. Maybe the most cynical of us -who aren't excited, should be getting behind *that* candidate, instead of fighting for that hypothetical moderate.

Back