• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I see we're back to the moderators focusing on trying to prod the candidates into fights.

Been texting with a buddy of mine today about politics and the Panthers. He's pretty astute about politics. Grew up in the NC mountains, but leans left after getting out and getting an education. A few minutes into the debate, he texted me, "Who the hell is streyer?" Dude's probably in the top 20% knowledgeable about this race and he had no idea.

Bernie could not be looking worse tonight. His stance on trade. WOOF.

Amy and the rest of candidates just eviscerated him.

Tried to switch over and watch. I figured they had covered that "can a woman win" nonsense by now. Nope.

Every time Bernie talks I feel like I've heard it many times before even though I don't go out of my way to hear his speeches.

This M4A discussion is miserable. Dumb questions. We are such a dumb country. We can't do what everybody else has figured out. It's ridiculous. It's like we're running a freaking veer offense.

And I posted about the dumb questions before this ridiculous "bankrupt the country" crap. You can't "bankrupt" a country that already carries trillions in debt and prints its own money. I wish they'd call out these dumb questions.

By the way, who is this lady asking the questions. She's pretty hot.

More of the candidates should agree with Mayor Pete's idea of not subsidizing public colleges for the Top 20% of earners. I might change that to Top 8-10% (about $150,000).

What he and everyone else is missing is, what about 70% of people who don't go to college or may not need to go to college. Use the savings of not subsidizing the elite to pay for training and apprenticeship programs.

It’s just talking points, RJ.

How many top 8%’ers are at public universities that would qualify? It seems like very few and it’s worth the benefit for the rest to help a handful of trustfunders along, imo.

It’s just talking points, RJ.

How many top 8%’ers are at public universities that would qualify? It seems like very few and it’s worth the benefit for the rest to help a handful of trustfunders along, imo.
According to this, 3.9% of public university students are from Top 10% households. That's less than I would have thought given that top 10%ers are overrepresented in higher education anyway.

Two of the biggest Bernie supporters I know are perplexed by how well Bernie and Steyer are getting along and how much they like him even though they don't want to like him.

According to this, 3.9% of public university students are from Top 10% households. That's less than I would have thought given that top 10%ers are overrepresented in higher education anyway.

free tuition for all at public universities, regardless of household income

Probably a combination of they are more likely to be at prestigious private high schools and in key extra-curriculars that help them receive scholarships to private college + also having parents more likely to be able to help pay for private college

Back