• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Smart move. There's video of Bernie going back to the 80s talking about a future woman president, and more than that Bernie tried to convince Warren to run in 2016!

There is a difference between thinking a woman can't win the election and thinking a woman can't do the job of being President. After watching one of the most qualified candidates in recent history (Former senator, Former Secretary of State) lose to the the most unqualified buffoon ever to run, perhaps Bernie was worried that latent American misogyny would limit Warren's chances of winning.

Smart move. There's video of Bernie going back to the 80s talking about a future woman president, and more than that Bernie tried to convince Warren to run in 2016!

But met in 2018 to tell her the opposite.

There is a difference between thinking a woman can't win the election and thinking a woman can't do the job of being President. After watching one of the most qualified candidates in recent history (Former senator, Former Secretary of State) lose to the the most unqualified buffoon ever to run, perhaps Bernie was worried that latent American misogyny would limit Warren's chances of winning.

Agreed. I would like a woman president. I'm not sure one can win in the current political climate.

Sure, but you try telling a woman, "I'm not saying you can't do the job. I'm saying you can't get the job."

Yep.

TITCR. If you doubt that misogyny, go rewatch some of those debates and remember that almost half of the voters voted for the guy who comes off like a complete idiot.

Sure, but you try telling a woman, "I'm not saying you can't do the job. I'm saying you can't get the job."

I mean, there were many women you could have supported and you chose Pete. Why didn’t/don’t you think any of the female candidates were cut out for the job?

Dropping out is not the same thing as losing

Picking a male candidate is not the same thing as believing female candidates are not cut out for the job.

Yeah, I mean it’s pretty clear that Bernie is a good dude who cares about people. It’s pretty clear Liz is a good dude who cares about people.

I don’t doubt Warren when she says it’s not a big deal in the same way that I don’t doubt Sanders when he says that it’s not a big deal.

They have worked together for decades at this point and are really close on a ton of issues.

If you think that this antagonism is anything but media flailing trying to rustle the jimmies of folks like RJ, itc, and ChrisL, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Dropping out is not the same thing as losing

Picking a male candidate is not the same thing as believing female candidates are not cut out for the job.

There were many qualified women to pick from and representing a ton of ideological orientations. There are cases to be made for Warren (who I supported once it was clear my first choice KG wasn’t going anywhere), Klobuchar, Gillibrand (first choice in 2020), and Harris as great nominees. I’m just wondering why Ph fell for the dude whose political resume begins and ends with being the mayor of South Bend over all of these qualified women.

This has confirmed two things. Bernie Bros are still the absolute worst, and MSM despise Sanders.

I mean, there were many women you could have supported and you chose Pete. Why didn’t/don’t you think any of the female candidates were cut out for the job?

I think all of them are cut out for the job and will be voting for the Dem nominee whoever it is.

I think all of them are cut out for the job and will be voting for the Dem nominee whoever it is.

That wasn’t the question. I’m just wondering why you never supported any of them.

I’m just throwing the question out there for the folks who are engaging the Sanders is a misogynist idiocy and the few who have been peddling that nonsense for four fucking years now.

Dave Chappelle endorses Andrew Yang.

Chappelle has been close friends with former NAACP President and MD Gubernatorial candidate Ben Jealous. That sounds like an odd couple.

Last edited:
That wasn’t the question. I’m just wondering why you never supported any of them.

I’m just throwing the question out there for the folks who are engaging the Sanders is a misogynist idiocy and the few who have been peddling that nonsense for four fucking years now.

Oh. I thought you would have remembered that I was for Kamala and Warren before I settled on Pete.

Back