• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

As I reflect on what probably happens in Iowa (and its long-term effects on the potential contenders), explain to me why Sanders is a better candidate than Warren.

Sanders is far more popular than Warren - consistently more popular with his own constituency, and nationally more popular. He polls much better with key demographics, polls better against Trump. Much like Clinton, Warren would run up her support in blue states and struggle in swing States, whereas Bernie would do much better in the rust belt and midwest.

Bernie got a huge advantage from being the one to step up and run in 2016.

Bernie got a huge advantage from being the one to step up and run in 2016.

True, but I don't think a Warren type of politician would ever have the crossover appeal that Sanders does, because he is a man and the world is sexist, and because he is a firebrand populist that appeals to resentful people who don't like politics.

Sanders is far more popular than Warren - consistently more popular with his own constituency, and nationally more popular. He polls much better with key demographics, polls better against Trump. Much like Clinton, Warren would run up her support in blue states and struggle in swing States, whereas Bernie would do much better in the rust belt and midwest.

This doesn't answer the question as to why he is better.

The way I'm reading it, the arg is probably he is better because he is more likely to beat Trump than Warren.

You should clarify what you mean by "better" then. I gave you relatively objective electability points backed up by polling data. If you're looking for someone to make a subjective defense for Sanders policy over Warrens I think that will just turn into another pointless argument.

He and Warren have an incredible similar message though.

Ph is talking about 2016, bird man. Ph seems to be suggesting that Bernie’s bump is name recognition from jumping in the 2016 election. I’m asking him if he thinks Bernie’s message helped. It obviously did, imo, but I want to hear what he thinks.

I’m a Warren supporter this time around. I’m a big fan of her many messages.

I can't say I disagree with this tweet:

Helped Bernie in 2016? Yeah. Of course. I’ve posted several times that he invigorated a dying progressive movement. If he has run in 2004, win or lose, it would have changed Democrat politics.

What did Tlaib do?

Last edited:
LOL. I like her. A lot of people who hate Hillary on the left gave her a chance and she blew it. She needs to disappear.

Bernie believes his own bullshit, always has. Warren is a complete fraud, always has been. She is an appropriate successor to Hillary in the story-telling department but without the Clinton network to help her.

Also, Bernie is not a Democrat.

Anyone who gets a delegate qualifies, but that doesn't help Bloomberg who isn't competing in the two states that will vote before the debate.

The donor threshold was a dumb idea from the start. Campaigns were spending huge amounts of money to get $1 donations. It wasn’t a good accurate measure of popularity- it was a good measure of who had the best social media advertising gimmicks.

PH, how do you feel about Pete calling Sunrise Movement, Dream Defenders, DSA, etc. "dark money" groups?

PH, how do you feel about Pete calling Sunrise Movement, Dream Defenders, DSA, etc. "dark money" groups?

I have a problem with it if you can show me a list of their donors. I don’t have a problem with it if you can’t.

Back