• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Biden has no appeal. He can’t even guarantee a ChrisL vote. He can’t even get an endorsement from Obama. He’s toast.

Could be. The same idea would apply to whoever takes over the "make the moderate dems feel safe" position.

I wouldn't count Biden out before South Carolina.

Sanders would hemorrhage support if he picked a VP perceived as a moderate. I think he picks Warren as part of a deal brokered to get her to drop out and endorse him.

I’m not counting out Warren though.

I wouldn't count Biden out before South Carolina.

I think the best case scenario for the party would be for him to exit the race asap, but yeah, that's not happening. Sanders is going to win neighboring NH, and the other 3 are roughly polling pretty similarly there. You'd think Warren would be polling better there, but she's not. A late surge for any of the next 3 would be more than helpful for their causes. NV should end up with a mixed result, and Biden on paper should win SC pretty handily. If Pete does poorly in the next 3 states, and Biden only wins SC, and narrowly at that, that's going to empower Bloomberg on ST. And then we have a real mess with 5 viable candidates.

Sanders would hemorrhage support if he picked a VP perceived as a moderate. I think he picks Warren as part of a deal brokered to get her to drop out and endorse him.

I’m not counting out Warren though.

She needs to start performing better, but I agree that she's still plenty viable. At this point, I'm guessing Sanders gets the most delegates of any of the 5 but is still well short of 1990. She may be in the best position to be the eventual compromise nominee at a brokered convention.

I'm getting low-key vibes from Biden that he doesn't actually want to be the nominee

telling people "you should vote for someone else" when they softly challenge your positions is not a winning strategy

Yeah, I think we all know you're with Glenn Greenwald, you doof.

What's your problem with Glenn Greenwald? His exposing corruption in the Brazilian government under threat of his life? Or probably the Ed Snowden thing. I see a fierce investigative journalist who literally risks his own life to expose corruption at the highest levels of government. Whatever your political affiliation, we need more journalists like him.

Thank god the impeachment gamble paid off and Biden was able to take Iowa away from Bernie. DNC wins again!

I’m not sure why it’s so hard to believe that senior citizens in Iowa would screw something up with technology.

The longer it takes the more minds will drift into conspiracy land. As I stated earlier, there's no reason why only 71% are in more than 36 hours after they should be reported. It just doesn't make sense.

ONE........TWO........THREE
d2f75e1ed127d81748044891e25edb93.jpg

christopherL, I know you do not like being called a boomer, but posting the same meme in a poorly-formatted way is not the way to shed that label

Back