• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

it basically includes boomer white people, so it works the way that the system is designed to work

you like a system that disproportionately excludes young families and the servile working class because of time constraints?

I guess I didn't realize how valuable two hours after 7pm are to young families?

and the disabled

and the elderly

etc.

huh? the caucus places aren't ADA compliant? I don't even understand the elderly critique.

Unless you're referring to how no absentee process exists. I wonder if it could be incorporated into the caucus process.

This is an article about how disabled people are confronting the caucus process and forcing it to become a more inclusive event. ("Now, on Monday, after pressing state Democratic party officials, Brown-Waech is leading the first ever Iowa caucus in American Sign Language.") It doesn't recommend doing away with the caucus? I'd argue moving to a show up, put ballot in box, go home system results in less confrontation and less progress.

to me, the conspiracy at play here isn't that they are intentionally rigging the vote for or against anyone

it's that the contract to develop the app went to the husband of a party insider who created a shit app

I guess I didn't realize how valuable two hours after 7pm are to young families?

huh? the caucus places aren't ADA compliant? I don't even understand the elderly critique.

My elderly grandparents go to bed at 7 PM and leaving the assisted living facility is a big deal.

This is an article about how disabled people are confronting the caucus process and forcing it to become a more inclusive event. ("Now, on Monday, after pressing state Democratic party officials, Brown-Waech is leading the first ever Iowa caucus in American Sign Language.") It doesn't recommend doing away with the caucus? I'd argue moving to a show up, put ballot in box, go home system results in less confrontation and less progress.

you can't mail in your caucus vote like I can mail in my primary/general election vote

lol spoken like guy with no kids. classic

I mean, the men can go caucus while the women take care of the children. It's the natural way. Just count the votes of the married men twice because we all know they are telling their wives who to vote for anyway.

Look at this guy. WTF ? RAT !

to me, the conspiracy at play here isn't that they are intentionally rigging the vote for or against anyone

it's that the contract to develop the app went to the husband of a party insider who created a shit app

Conspiracy seems to be a word that's thrown around a lot these days whenever someone questions our corrupt institutions.

I don't see it as conspiracy. I see it as calling a spade a spade and people trying to make sense of the insanity that's becoming more and more evident with each passing hour. The fact that they just released another arbitrary 4% of the vote (we're up to 75% now!) 36 hours later is ludicrous (guess what? Pete's still ahead!). Don't let anyone gaslight you into thinking this is acceptable or that something shadowy isn't going on.

More than a little concerning that people keep calling Pete a "rat"

Back