• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Conspiracy seems to be a word that's thrown around a lot these days whenever someone questions our corrupt institutions.

I don't see it as conspiracy. I see it as calling a spade a spade and people trying to make sense of the insanity that's becoming more and more evident with each passing hour. The fact that they just released another arbitrary 4% of the vote (we're up to 75% now!) 36 hours later is ludicrous (guess what? Pete's still ahead!). Don't let anyone gaslight you into thinking this is acceptable or that something shadowy isn't going on.

who conspired to let BSF4L back on the boards

giphy.gif

to me, the conspiracy at play here isn't that they are intentionally rigging the vote for or against anyone

it's that the contract to develop the app went to the husband of a party insider who created a shit app

Yep. That's where I'm at too.

This is LITERALLY why you have to blow up the system to reform it. The Democratic Party is just one giant nebulous of nepotism and cronyism, and like in most cases the level of aptitude in the organization has plummeted.

What I'm saying is the party is run by dumb-dumbs.

Have you seen the picture of him eating a Cinnabon ?

(Ph will defend)

it is a little weird based on that photo

but what's the best [most presidential/masculine, of course] way to handle a cinnabon?

Last edited:
And the conversation probably went, "hey your husband develops apps right, do you think he'd make one for the IA caucus? we will pay him."

Yep. That's where I'm at too.

This is LITERALLY why you have to blow up the system to reform it. The Democratic Party is just one giant nebulous of nepotism and cronyism, and like in most cases the level of aptitude in the organization has plummeted.

What I'm saying is the party is run by dumb-dumbs.

I agree with all of this. Except to add that it's worse than merely dumb-dumbs. It's Establishment dumb-dumbs who clearly have an incentive to maintain the status-quo. So when an anti-Establishment candidate like Bernie comes along threatening to blow up the money train of corporate PACs and political consultants, can we be surprised when we get rigged processes?

I agree with all of this. Except to add that it's worse than merely dumb-dumbs. It's Establishment dumb-dumbs who clearly have an incentive to maintain the status-quo. So when an anti-Establishment candidate like Bernie comes along threatening to blow up the money train of corporate PACs and political consultants, can we be surprised when we get rigged processes?

Oh yeah the Democratic Establishment personally benefits from income inequality too much to truly want to reform the system. They'd rather throw scraps at the poor than actually improve their plight. Their parents paid a lot of money for them to be "educated" so they feel entitled, and they run in insulated social circles where everyone congratulates them for not being total racists, so its easy for them to convince themselves that they are woke when they aren't doing shit to actually help the disadvantaged, particularly minorities.

"the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice"

Oh yeah the Democratic Establishment personally benefits from income inequality too much to truly want to reform the system. They'd rather throw scraps at the poor than actually improve their plight. Their parents paid a lot of money for them to be "educated" so they feel entitled, and they run in insulated social circles where everyone congratulates them for not being total racists, so its easy for them to convince themselves that they are woke when they aren't doing shit to actually help the disadvantaged, particularly minorities.

"the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice"

Exactly. Great MLK quote.

Brasky and BSF4L a perfect pairing.

It's kinda sad and pathetic how all these people calling me BSF4L (I have no idea who that is) refuse to substantively engage with the points I make. I welcome reasonable dialectic. If pigeonholing me into some narrow construction of a previous poster makes you feel safe and less threatened from my efforts to seek out uncomfortable truths, then by all means continue to do so. Glib ad hominem comparisons do nothing other than reveal your own lack of credibility for all to see.

It's kinda sad and pathetic how all these people calling me BSF4L (I have no idea who that is) refuse to substantively engage with the points I make. I welcome reasonable dialectic. If pigeonholing me into some narrow construction of a previous poster makes you feel safe and less threatened from my efforts to seek out uncomfortable truths, then by all means continue to do so. Glib ad hominem comparisons do nothing other than reveal your own lack of credibility for all to see.

uh huh. that's a lotta of words where simply ignoring the posts would do

to me, the conspiracy at play here isn't that they are intentionally rigging the vote for or against anyone

it's that the contract to develop the app went to the husband of a party insider who created a shit app

don't tell ChrisL

Back