• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

lol ok

Sorry we won’t get to hear a defense of the system now that 3 people pushed back
It seems like it is Bernie's goal to foster the BSF4L/Section2 thinking that is tearing the Democratic party in two. He's like a 2 sociopathic 2 year old in that if he doesn't get his way he would rather burn it all to the ground.

There is a reason why the conspiracy theories come from his camp and not the rest of the party.

Also #MayorCheat #MayoPete are all being propagated by Russian bots, throw back to 2016 when the Russians were also feeling the bern.

Mayor Cheat gets more votes than reported from the ground. Sanders gets way less votes than reported. Devel Patrick (who?) gets 7.3%.

Tell me again how this thing isn't rigged.

It could be that the evil Dems are rigging this even though there is a clear paper trail outside their control that would quickly prove their cheating. OR, this could have been a data entry mistake that they've already corrected. Which do you think is more likely?

Who's going tonight on CNN's town halls?

Never mind, found it. Bide, Warren, Yang, Steyer. Who is watching here?

Last edited:
It could be that the evil Dems are rigging this even though there is a clear paper trail outside their control that would quickly prove their cheating. OR, this could have been a data entry mistake that they've already corrected. Which do you think is more likely?

"Let me be clear: My number one priority has been on ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the results," Price said as reporters crowded around the staging where he spoke. "And we have been working all night to be in the best position to report results."

A simple data entry mistake? After 36 hours? After what the IDP Chair said in the above quote? As they know the entire country is already suspicious of this whole goddamn shitshow? Does the public have access to the paper trail?

You couldn't recognize the truth if it slapped you in the face.

Iowa could not have pick a worse time to fuck up. We need to send their state back to irrelevance.

I think a great place for the primaries to start would be in South Carolina. SC has a nice cross section of the American demographic within the party base, and it would be nice to give the state and the south representation in the party that they normally lack. Instead of just letting a bunch of white people keep controlling the party.

It seems like it is Bernie's goal to foster the BSF4L/Section2 thinking that is tearing the Democratic party in two. He's like a 2 sociopathic 2 year old in that if he doesn't get his way he would rather burn it all to the ground.

There is a reason why the conspiracy theories come from his camp and not the rest of the party.

Also #MayorCheat #MayoPete are all being propagated by Russian bots, throw back to 2016 when the Russians were also feeling the bern.

Dude, just STFU with your ridiculous propaganda.

kory, what is your case for caucuses?

I actually googled that yesterday and did not find a single convincing argument

srs q: if you don't have beef then what's with the pretty obvious pedantic/snide tone over like the last four/five posts at me? asking honestly. Juice made some valid criticisms but was p straightforward about it and I responded that he has a point.

it's just weird, man. doesn't feel like something I want to encourage.

as to pros - yeah I figure two primary advantages are the (1) lack of a secret ballot so that every vote is recorded in open, with multiple witnesses who are able to record which reduces tampering via voting machine (the exception being party HQ, as we're seeing now) and (2) the insistence upon removing non-viable candidates from the precinct voting pool in real-time [oppo. rank choice], which (3 I guess) encourages deliberation and negotiation among those in attendance. Juice is absolutely right to point out that caucuses need to do a better job about accounting for diverse needs, and so I don't think the caucus is the perfect solution by any stretch, but I don't think it's a trash system either for: (1) a early-stage primary (2) when the field is 10/12 candidates and (3) there are multiple primary days.

here's what I don't know/understand: if I am a supporter of candidate X and live in a rural area where they do not get 15% in the first round, then I have to choose a different candidate to support thereafter, but if I live in an urban area and they do get 15% then my vote for them counts toward delegates

do I have that right? if so, seems weird

more data errors lol

here's what I don't know/understand: if I am a supporter of candidate X and live in a rural area where they do not get 15% in the first round, then I have to choose a different candidate to support thereafter, but if I live in an urban area and they do get 15% then my vote for them counts toward delegates

do I have that right? if so, seems weird

My understanding is that the 15% viability threshold is the most common # but the threshold depends on which precinct you're at. And yeah if your candidate gets less than the required number for viability you either need to select another candidate or leave.

Iowa could not have pick a worse time to fuck up. We need to send their state back to irrelevance.

I think a great place for the primaries to start would be in South Carolina. SC has a nice cross section of the American demographic within the party base, and it would be nice to give the state and the south representation in the party that they normally lack. Instead of just letting a bunch of white people keep controlling the party.

NPR ran an article back in 2016 when we were having similar questions about why we let IA and NH go first since they don't represent the country demographically almost at all. Their "Perfect State Index cross-tabled race, education, age, income, and religious fervor and came out with a ranking, here's the top few states:

LjzUgJV.png

Obviously some of these statistics may have changed in the past few years, but we can certainly do better. Even if we just take a random sampling of the top 15, something like IL, PA, DE, NV, and WA, you'd get some swing state love, some small state love, and even some blue state love where candidates can have more fleshed out campaigns rather than just trying to appeal to white, educated voters.

And regardless of all of this, just get rid of caucuses. They're garbage.

Oh and just so we are clear, their chart shows why the South shouldn't get first dibs on primaries. Outside of FL (which is just a bunch of transplants anyway), those states are less representative of the country than even IA.

Oh and just so we are clear, their chart shows why the South shouldn't get first dibs on primaries. Outside of FL (which is just a bunch of transplants anyway), those states are less representative of the country than even IA.

Yet, North Carolina is #5 !

Fuck the Iowa results, let’s just get back to making fun of Pete:

Back