• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

My understanding is that the 15% viability threshold is the most common # but the threshold depends on which precinct you're at. And yeah if your candidate gets less than the required number for viability you either need to select another candidate or leave.

hard to defend a system where my efforts to support my preferred candidate counts in one place and not the other

Yet, North Carolina is #5 !

North Carolina is fake south

hard to defend a system where my efforts to support my preferred candidate counts in one place and not the other

I think that's true in a general election situation. I think in a primary situation, the ultimate goal is moving people toward a candidate and viability (quantifiable viability, not like Biden "viability") along with concession at the local level is an important part of that.

Pete still up with 86% of the vote. I hope he holds on it's always fun to see The Conspiracy Theory triggered Bernie Bros on Twitter for amusement value. Kind of like a left-wing version of QAnon

Last edited:
Oh and just so we are clear, their chart shows why the South shouldn't get first dibs on primaries. Outside of FL (which is just a bunch of transplants anyway), those states are less representative of the country than even IA.

Because they have the highest percentages of black people. Putting the first primaries in the South would draw attention to voter suppression and possibly put enough resources to flip some seats in the legislatures and eventually House and Senate.

Pete still up with 86% of the vote. I hope he holds on it's always fun to see The Conspiracy Theory triggered Bernie Bros on Twitter for amusement value. Kind of like a left-wing version of QAnon

You hope Pete holds on because it amuses you that volunteers who spent hours, who in some cases temporarily moved to Iowa to caucus for someone who they believed actually wanted to improve peoples' lives might be upset that votes have been straight up manipulated?

You're sick, borderline sociopathic.

You hope Pete holds on because it amuses you that volunteers who spent hours, who in some cases temporarily moved to Iowa to caucus for someone who they believed actually wanted to improve peoples' lives might be upset that votes have been straight up manipulated?

Ok bsf

What the is wrong with you? You don't think other campaigns had the same type of volunteers? Except Pete's who bothered to learn the system of delegates and campaigned accordingly. Losing four years ago and making the same error on how delegates are counted should be a disquieting to his supporters. Is Bernie going to learn about the electoral college, or spend all his time at college campuses in California to run up the popular vote?

Sociopath and schadenfreude are two different things.

Also temporaily moving to you can caucus is illegal in Iowa. From the SOS web page:

"Your residence for voting purposes is where your home is located. You can only declare one residence for voting purposes.

If you are temporarily away from your home, you do not lose residency for voting purposes." So you are accusing Bernie supporters of voting fraud.

Last edited:

If the results ended right now the delegates would be 11-11-5 right? Pete-Bernie-Warren. Nobody else gets any?

LOL. Did you actually watch that? Are you just doing the weird BSF thing posting "things people out there are saying" that you don't believe yourself?

The Hill is a right-wing website to boot. Their goal is to create division among Democrats in any and every way possible. Not exactly a reliable source for facts.

He's also laughing at people on Twitter who are inferring that there's some conspiracy theory.

It’s one of the next tweets after the one you quoted

I’d like Chris to post it. Nobody outside of the parody is saying anything about a conspiracy. It’s just a really, really awful look for the dnc right now. It’s okay to admit this.

For sure. Utter incompetence. At least by the Iowa dems

I’d like Chris to post it. Nobody outside of the parody is saying anything about a conspiracy. It’s just a really, really awful look for the dnc right now. It’s okay to admit this.
Except that this is the Iowa Democratic party which is administering this caucus and not the DNC.

Some random person enters in votes wrong.

Damn you DNC!!!!!

Last edited:
Would you say that this is embarrassing for the Democratic Party, Chris?

Back