• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

The first link is bsf4l and a lot of "give it a rest, bob"

The second link is bsf4l and mdmh doing their things

I remember being sympathetic to the Sanders campaign's case against the DNC (still am and it wasn't just a conspiracy), but was nevertheless on board with Clinton as the nominee. I think the majority of folks on here were either Sanders sympathetic, but supportive of Clinton or just supportive of Clinton. BSF4L was an odd duck and pretty much a lonely odd duck in terms of support on the boards.

LOL. I'm getting none of this stuff. I guess telling Zuckerberg and Cambridge Analytica that I'm all in for Pete has advantages.

It's been brutal, man. Every time they call or text, I ask to be taken off of whatever the list is and then within the hour I get another call. I haven't had one of the alleged Bloomberg callers/texters who supports somebody else, though.

I remember bsf was trying to demonstrate how Hillary was colluding with the media after those emails leaked and there were some between the producers of the Steve Harvey Show (I think?) and the campaign on what the talking points were. as if that doesn't happen for virtually any interview, especially one from a non-journalist like that.

Your original claim is that BSF4L had a lot of support from "Bernie Bros" on here at this time in 2016, right? I'm just not seeing it.

that said, I'm seeing plenty of evidence that nobody (myself very much included) has any actual idea of how shit is gonna play out

we already know he was a bot/plant. first to post disinformation and create strife between HRC and Bernie Bros. After the primary he really went all in on Trump. But before the primaries he's the only Trumpshill for basically this entire thread. He starts off 'reasonably' posting trump campaign ads and criticisms of the media and it just goes from there through primary season.

from 2/21/16

People are SCARED!

The moment of truth: We must stop Trump

Danielle Allen is a political theorist at Harvard University and a contributing columnist for The Post.

Like any number of us raised in the late 20th century, I have spent my life perplexed about exactly how Hitler could have come to power in Germany. Watching Donald Trump’s rise, I now understand. Leave aside whether a direct comparison of Trump to Hitler is accurate. That is not my point. My point rather is about how a demagogic opportunist can exploit a divided country.

To understand the rise of Hitler and the spread of Nazism, I have generally relied on the German-Jewish émigré philosopher Hannah Arendt and her arguments about the banality of evil. Somehow people can understand themselves as “just doing their job,” yet act as cogs in the wheel of a murderous machine. Arendt also offered a second answer in a small but powerful book called “Men in Dark Times.” In this book, she described all those who thought that Hitler’s rise was a terrible thing but chose “internal exile,” or staying invisible and out of the way as their strategy for coping with the situation. They knew evil was evil, but they too facilitated it, by departing from the battlefield out of a sense of hopelessness.

Republicans, you cannot count on the Democrats to stop Trump. I believe that Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic nomination, and I intend to vote for her, but it is also the case that she is a candidate with significant weaknesses, as your party knows quite well. The result of a head-to-head contest between Clinton and Trump would be unpredictable. Trump has to be blocked in your primary.

Jeb Bush has done the right thing by dropping out, just as he did the right thing by being the first, alongside Rand Paul, to challenge Trump. The time has come, John Kasich and Ben Carson, to leave the race as well. You both express a powerful commitment to the good of your country and to its founding ideals. If you care about the future of this republic, it is time to endorse Marco Rubio. Kasich, there’s a little wind in your sails, but it’s not enough. Your country is calling you. Do the right thing.

Ted Cruz is, I believe, pulling votes away from Trump, and for that reason is useful in the race. But, Mr. Cruz, you are drawing too close to Trump’s politics. You too should change course.

Democrats, your leading candidate is too weak to count on as a firewall. She might be able to pull off a general election victory against Trump, but then again she might not. Too much is uncertain this year. You, too, need to help the Republicans beat Trump; this is no moment for standing by passively. If your deadline for changing your party affiliation has not yet come, re-register and vote for Rubio, even if, like me, you cannot stomach his opposition to marriage equality. I too would prefer Kasich as the Republican nominee, but pursuing that goal will only make it more likely that Trump takes the nomination. The republic cannot afford that.

Finally, to all of you Republicans who have already dropped out, one more, great act of public service awaits you. As candidates, you pledged to support whomever the Republican party nominated. It’s time to revoke your pledge. Be bold, stand up and shout that you will not support Trump if he is your party’s nominee. Do it together. Hold one big mother of a news conference. Endorse Rubio, together. It is time to draw a bright line, and you are the ones on whom this burden falls. No one else can do it.

It looks like February 10 was the last day to change party affiliation in Massachusetts, so she had up until then to do what she is telling others to do.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...82d_story.html

You know whats fun and helpful? Discussing which candidate an anonymous sunsetting poster supported 4 years ago.

Or you could just ignore Chris's babbling.

giphy.gif

Why is ‘hard core trump supporter’ the litmus here? You said the main discussion points around here were anti Hillary and I said BSF and BKF spamming the tunnels with Hillary and DNC conspiracy theories doesn’t equal the main discussion, which you responded to by claiming he was pretty popular. That’s a goal post shift.

Those two were anti Hillary extremists and that perspective never garnered much support around here. By April the discussion had largely shifted to Hillary accepting Hillary as the nominee and her prospects v Trump (though neither primaries were officially over) and by May/June people were pretty tired of BSF’s antics.

we already know he was a bot/plant. first to post disinformation and create strife between HRC and Bernie Bros. After the primary he really went all in on Trump. But before the primaries he's the only Trumpshill for basically this entire thread. He starts off 'reasonably' posting trump campaign ads and criticisms of the media and it just goes from there through primary season.

I am not sure what he was. He was posting pro Dem posts back to the 2012 election. I don't think BKF is a bot and he went from fullbore left to right.

He certainly pivoted at some point in 2016. He acted like a bot or plant, so somebody either hijacked his account or it was a very long play.

I am not sure what he was. He was posting pro Dem posts back to the 2012 election. I don't think BKF is a bot and he went from fullbore left to right.

He certainly pivoted at some point in 2016. He acted like a bot or plant, so somebody either hijacked his account or it was a very long play.

i was a little confused before and now very confused: are you talking about BobKnight or BobStack

Back