• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

This moderator lasted about 12 minutes before losing complete control.

All of these men are fucking assholes. What a clown show. Toxic masculinity is running for president.

Stupid Amy trying to be all above the fray with the “if we keep fighting we’ll never come together to beat Trump.” Maybe if dum dums with <5% dropped out we wouldn’t still have 7 people fighting and that coming together could start.

Got to hand it my man Bern, you never have to answer a question you don’t like if you refuse to acknowledge it and stick to your main talking points. It’s on brand for him, so it just seems natural.

Nice try peeps, but he’s not taking the bait like this idiot Bloomberg.

The current federal budget is $4.45T. Bernie's promises will cost $40-50T over ten years according to multiple people on the stage and not challenged by Bernie. That's basically doubling the budget.

Last year, our total tax receipts were $3.18T. Bernie's promises will cost 25-50% more than those total receipts. Bernie's taxes cannot make a dent in that.

I am not one who believes that the federal budget must be balanced, but Bernie's lunacy will make everything from credit cards to mortgages to business loans more expensive and more difficult to get due to the tens of trillions Bernie will cost the economy.

There will be less money for anyone to start or expand a business. There will be far less money to build affordable housing or fix the infrastructure that is disarray.

I'm sorry to use Bernie's real numbers and logic here as they will be met with attacks and derision rather than real discussion.

Not a great night for anyone. Moderators lost control of this a long time ago. Biden having his best night I think and probably the best night overall so far. Bernie a little worse than he has been. Warren somewhere between her last great debate and her earlier poor debates. Bloomberg slightly better than last debate but he couldn’t have been worse. Pete has been quiet. Amy the same as always and Steyer is just wallpaper.

Amy and Steyer need to GTFO of the race ASAP.

I am not one who believes that the federal budget must be balanced, but Bernie's lunacy will make everything from credit cards to mortgages to business loans more expensive and more difficult to get due to the tens of trillions Bernie will cost the economy.

Your lunacy is making the Tunnels even harder to read than they normally are...

Was he not arguing in 2008 that fair housing practices had gone too far and that policies (including redlining) were the primary cause of the economic downturn? What was the context that makes his repeated comments on the subject better?

Not a great night for anyone. Moderators lost control of this a long time ago. Biden having his best night I think and probably the best night overall so far. Bernie a little worse than he has been. Warren somewhere between her last great debate and her earlier poor debates. Bloomberg slightly better than last debate but he couldn’t have been worse. Pete has been quiet. Amy the same as always and Steyer is just wallpaper.

Amy and Steyer need to GTFO of the race ASAP.

What Pete has said has been on point.

Biden is showing some guts for the first time.

Steyer has promoted good stuff but his presentation is not good.

She lied about that and just called Bloomberg a racist by taking a speech completely out of context. Sorry, but she's out of control tonight.

You are such a fucking sexist, RJ. Good lord.

Was he not arguing in 2008 that fair housing practices had gone too far and that policies (including redlining) were the primary cause of the economic downturn? What was the context that makes his repeated comments on the subject better?

I can’t wait to hear RJ defend redlining next.

Back