• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

I'm curious whether PH's facebook feed is still full of women discussing their past assaults. Or are these ugly memories shared only when the alleged assaulter's name isn't followed by (D)?

Posted on 9/29/18 on a Brett Kavanaugh thread:
My Facebook feed is full of women discussing how all this has triggered ugly memories of times they’ve been assaulted. I feel like if Creamy and Junebug knew women who had been assaulted as opposed to stepford lady Pubs who don’t think they’re equal to men, they’d be more sympathetic to Blasey Ford and other survivors.

I'm curious as to why you think anybody would or should give a flying fuck about your opinions on this thread.

Here is another winner from Sig!!!

Posted on 9/26/18:
Don't be a hack. You think Professor Ford decided this summer to try and bring Kavanaugh down? She lived through the Anita Hill hearings. She knows that bringing these facts to light most likely won't matter. And she knows the facts won't matter because your party is made up of a bunch of pieces of shit who care more about power than anything else.

And she still did it anyway.

Maybe you should just go back to the "if he wanted to rape her, he would've raped her" defense.

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Posted on 9/26/18:

So you're actually taking the time to go back and dig up 2018 quotes from posters to attack the dreaded Tunnels Left? In the middle of a pandemic, no less? To use a familiar quote, Brad is a weird dude.

Posted on 9/26/18:

Feel free to show how that post is inconsistent with my other one on this thread.

The other point remains. Nobody gives a shit about your opinion, Brad.

I care about Brad’s opinion. It’s often helpful to know what stupid people think about things.

No, BLM means BLM and BW means BW.

But that's not what you said.

Black Lives Matter means unconditionally black lives matter.

Based on what you're saying, Believe Women does not unconditionally mean we should believe women.

But what are they leaving to their grandchildren and great-grandchildren? Is it any better than what their children had 30-40 years ago? Is it worse?

I totally understand the viewpoint you are presenting about older black voters but voting for the status quo Democrat is going to do nothing to improve the lives of their younger family members.

Only if you have no confidence in any Progressive except for Bernie. The sooner the movement stops rallying around the old white guy and realizes there are dozens to hundreds women, minorities, and young white people who are much better representatives for the movement, the better.

If policies sold, true be told, we would be, politically, Bennet/Inslee. Send tweet.

Only if you have no confidence in any Progressive except for Bernie. The sooner the movement stops rallying around the old white guy and realizes there are dozens to hundreds women, minorities, and young white people who are much better representatives for the movement, the better.

What evidence do you have that older folks and moderates will support any progressive? Hell, these folks didn't even want Obama until the dude triggered an all out war within the DNC as he kept racking up wins.

Based on what you're saying, Believe Women does not unconditionally mean we should believe women.

You’re being so obnoxious.

Black Lives Matter and Believe Women both operate under the subtext that for too long people haven’t. That’s all.

The old white guy stuff is annoying when you consider he would have been the first Jewish president. Stop erasing/minimizing that.

If only there was something like, oh I don't know decades of legislative experience, that proved someone was more trusted a progressive than the guy fixing bread prices.

If only there was something like, oh I don't know decades of legislative experience, that proved someone was more trusted a progressive than the guy fixing bread prices.

That kind of stuff is annoying when you consider he would have been the first openly gay president.

And if legislative experience takes place in a beltway vacuum does it make a sound?

AOC has gotten more recognition for her legislative experience in 16 months than Sanders has gotten in almost 30 years inside the beltway. Look to the future instead of the past.

Remind me why that matters in this discussion?

And why would you bring up decades of legislative experience compared to Biden who has even more legislative experience?

To put it a different way the 1950-60's Eisenhower/Nixon GOP base did more to help poor people than the RJ/Biden wing of the 2020 Democratic Party.

But hey look at our social victories that made life for already well off people a little nicer. Don't mind the fact that our tax policies destroy the lives of millions born into poverty.

Dude who YOU vote for is a representation of YOUR political beliefs. I hold conservatives and liberals to the same standard. If you vote for Trump, then you support everything he has done and said up until that day. Same for Biden or any other Dem candidate.

Take responsibility for your actions Boomer.

My mother is an evangelical conservative who "doesn't support Trump" but will still vote for him and his ilk, and I remind her of that all the time. You don't get to vote for a human being and the disavow their actions. At the end of the day YOUR VOTE is the most consequential thing you do to influence the lives of others. Unless you are personally donating billions to charity, then your donations, volunteer time, etc. are minuscule compared the social programs that the government could be funding.

If you vote for someone who is going to underfund or cut programs in lieu of low taxes, which will lead to the poverty, sickness and death of millions, then you have blood on your hands. If you're a Christian (or religious in any manner) don't think your God isn't paying attention to who you vote for and what that vote means for the lives of others.

. . . I guess I'll vote for Biden.

LOL

Remind me why that matters in this discussion?

And why would you bring up decades of legislative experience compared to Biden who has even more legislative experience?

Because one of them has a much more progressive record?

Probably a smart move given everything that's going on. One wonders if Trump will be able to forgo the GOP convention in Charlotte. It's hard to imagine him being happy about cancelling a mass gathering where he will be worshiped by his adoring base on national television, and can attack the opposition to his heart's content. Possible lives of his followers lost versus having them feed his insatiable ego in front of a national audience - it's not hard to see which of those choices he would prefer to take.

Back