• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

This election isn’t really about Trump v Biden. It’s about Trump v anti-Trump. There’s a ton of anti-Trump sentiment that will hopefully carry the day. Biden should just sit back and watch the fuck ups at this point.

AS opposed to 2016, there isn't a major anti-Biden camp (other than LWers) like there was a massive anti-Hillary contingency.

MSNBC brain

Don’t mistake simple math for watching cable news.

I’m worried you and Strick watch too much cable news punditry because you keep referencing it. I stopped watching that regularly like a decade ago.

All the Green Party does is push Dems to the middle and make it easier for Republicans to win elections that are only close because of their voter suppression efforts.

trump was not an unknown quantity. Maybe the extent of his dishonesty and corruption.

Hillary is despised. The campaign against her and bill has been extensive and long. She's been the right's boogie...woman for more than 20 years. It's truly incredible and created an environment that allowed dolt 45 to win. The deplorables, which were far more than I had any idea existed, were really excited to throw that molotov cocktail and they've loved watching everything burn down.

Biden as candidate does not hold that heated anger directed at him. Maybe that translates to less enthusiasm from those on the fringes that hated Hillary more than believed in trump. I just don't know anymore.

Don’t mistake simple math for watching cable news.

I’m worried you and Strick watch too much cable news punditry because you keep referencing it. I stopped watching that regularly like a decade ago.

All the Green Party does is push Dems to the middle and make it easier for Republicans to win elections that are only close because of their voter suppression efforts.

You're assuming that The Green Party voters would vote for a Democrat and just not vote. It's a stupid assumption that, iirc, you actually used to argue against. My how the times have changed.

I have never had cable, Ph, so don't worry too much about me.

You're assuming that The Green Party voters would vote for a Democrat and just not vote. It's a stupid assumption that, iirc, you actually used to argue against. My how the times have changed.

I have never had cable, Ph, so don't worry too much about me.
Well for somebody who never watches cable TV you seem to be an expert on everybody else's cable TV viewing habits.

trump was not an unknown quantity. Maybe the extent of his dishonesty and corruption.

Hillary is despised. The campaign against her and bill has been extensive and long. She's been the right's boogie...woman for more than 20 years. It's truly incredible and created an environment that allowed dolt 45 to win. The deplorables, which were far more than I had any idea existed, were really excited to throw that molotov cocktail and they've loved watching everything burn down.

Biden as candidate does not hold that heated anger directed at him. Maybe that translates to less enthusiasm from those on the fringes that hated Hillary more than believed in trump. I just don't know anymore.

This is a good post. Not heated anger, but a policy record that is far worse than Clinton's by every measure. Evidently, nobody cares (see: PhDeac), but it doesn't fill the thinking voter with much confidence leading into 2020. Everybody on here is going to vote for Biden and I think he'll ultimately win if this thing gets worse, but I think his presidency is going to elongate the post-2016 disaster.

Well for somebody who never watches cable TV you seem to be an expert on everybody else's cable TV viewing habits.

I just know rhetoric, talking points, and spin when I hear them, man. I'm the generation that came of age as a voter concurrently with the rise of Fox News.

It's possible to say: yes, I'll vote for Biden because I don't want more Trump and yes, I acknowledge that Biden's policy record is deplorable.

Just like it's possible to say, yes, I believe women and yes, black lives matter (to bring up a particularly absurd PhDeac argument).

I just know rhetoric, talking points, and spin when I hear them, man. I'm the generation that came of age as a voter concurrently with the rise of Fox News.

It's possible to say: yes, I'll vote for Biden because I don't want more Trump and yes, I acknowledge that Biden's policy record is deplorable.

Just like it's possible to say, yes, I believe women and yes, black lives matter (to bring up a particularly absurd PhDeac argument).
I think you're incredibly insufferable and you think that only your view point is considered and enlightened. I think this is a common trait among lot of progressives and they wonder why they are treated with disdain by the electorate as a whole.

If stay-at-home lasts until late-Summer, how should Biden camp respond? Or does he stick with streaming from his house to get the message out? What a strange campaign season if so.

I think you're incredibly insufferable and you think that only your view point is considered and enlightened. I think this is a common trait among lot of progressives and they wonder why they are treated with disdain by the electorate as a whole.

Do you think Biden’s record is good? What aspects of it do you think are particularly good? Particularly bad?

You may not like me, but you should be able to answer those questions.

you think that only your view point is considered and enlightened. I think this is a common trait among lot of progressives and they wonder why they are treated with disdain by the electorate as a whole.

I kind of think these two statements juxtaposed together are incredibly ironic, as well.

did losing in 2016 signal the centrist movement being "treated with disdain by the electorate as a whole?"

I'm asking because Hilary Clinton lost to Donald Trump, who has been in the White House since 2016. I'm also asking because John Kerry lost to George W Bush. Kerry was my first vote, so I'll stop there.

If stay-at-home lasts until late-Summer, how should Biden camp respond? Or does he stick with streaming from his house to get the message out? What a strange campaign season if so.

Biden is enough of a known quantity that he can remain relatively quiet rather than open his mouth and look like a moron.

I would argue that progressives are much more open minded than moderates seeing as the collective we still show up to canvass for your candidates even while you shit on ours across the board

Biden is enough of a known quantity that he can remain relatively quiet rather than open his mouth and look like a moron.

And I think that the primary turnout numbers kind of lend some support to this argument. Still, I think that the dude will have to get out of the basement eventually in some form or fashion. Trump certainly will.

I kind of think these two statements juxtaposed together are incredibly ironic, as well.

did losing in 2016 signal the centrist movement being "treated with disdain by the electorate as a whole?"

I'm asking because Hilary Clinton lost to Donald Trump, who has been in the White House since 2016. I'm also asking because John Kerry lost to George W Bush. Kerry was my first vote, so I'll stop there.
This is like the loser of the Western Conference Finals complaining that the winner couldn't beat the Eastern Conference champion in the NBA finals and that they could have done a better job.

It’s absurd because we pretty much agreed that black lives matter unconditionally but it’s absurd to believe anybody is telling the truth or not simply based on their gender.

Yet you saw that as a disagreement. You said yourself that we agree on 90% of the issues and only disagree on 10%. Yet 90% of your posts about me after in disagreement even on issues where we agree.

I would vote for Biden. Would you vote for Bernie or AOC?

Reminder: we all lost in the finals and you claim that the fantasy sports moniker is inaccurate lol

It’s absurd because we pretty much agreed that black lives matter unconditionally but it’s absurd to believe anybody is telling the truth or not simply based on their gender.

Yet you saw that as a disagreement. You said yourself that we agree on 90% of the issues and only disagree on 10%. Yet 90% of your posts about me after in disagreement even on issues where we agree.

You claimed that believe women was an extension of lynching justification man to support Biden

Disgusting

Back