• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Primary

If this is who you think I am, please check yourself into a residential facility.

But you have made a bunch of peoples' day today. They are laughing their asses of at you...again...

:bowrofl::bowrofl::rofl::rofl:

"Many people..."

I swear RJ sounds like Trump half the time.

Dear Bernie Bros, what's it like knowing the state of frothy anger you exist in so often has been stoked by Russian trolls going on 4 years now?

They should have already known. Same playbook as 2016. Even at the debate, Bernie said the Bros were likely Russian trolls.

In the last two minutes I saw Bernie supporters accuse WaPo of personally calling him a troll and another called WaPo fake news in response to me saying Bernie supporters shouldn’t act like Trump supporters.

Last edited:
That's a huge risk. We saw a Democrat lose in MA after Obama was elected and a Republican lose in AL after Trump was elected. It was a dumb move by Hillary too.

Risking the loss of that Senate seat is a danger. But I do think her name will be in the mix and didn't see it mentioned here.

I'm expecting a brokered convention so we may get some compromise ticket that we're not expecting.

My bad, Bernie's own words don't matter.

Bernie's votes against the Brady Bill don't matter.

Bernie's votes to put gun manufacturers above the law don't matter.

The fact that Putin wants Bernie to be the candidate doesn't matter either.

Risking the loss of that Senate seat is a danger. But I do think her name will be in the mix and didn't see it mentioned here.

I'm expecting a brokered convention so we may get some compromise ticket that we're not expecting.

Sure but it would be with two current candidates.

What other compromise would there be?

There are any number of scenarios and at this point they're all going to sound crazy, but here is one possible scenario.

You could have Sanders head into the convention as the leader in delegates but nowhere close to having enough to get the nomination. The moderates decide that Sanders is unacceptable as the nominee and after a lot of debate settle on Warren as the compromise candidate to lead the ticket. Sanders refuses to run as VP. Warren may ordinarily prefer Julian Castro as her running mate, but the convention would have a lot of power in dictating the VP pick and could opt for someone like Tammy Baldwin to make a play for Wisconsin, William McRaven to boost the ticket's national security credentials or Cory Booker to appeal to its loyal African American voting block.

Of the candidates that are left, Bloomberg, Steyer, Biden and Sanders seem extremely unlikely to accept or really even be offered a VP spot. I don't see what Pete brings to the table as a VP for any of the remaining candidates. Warren or Klobuchar are the only candidates still in the race that I can see getting a VP nod.

At that point, it's not about what they bring to the table as a traditional VP pick. It's about the delegate math. The Sanders and Pete camps may hate each other. But if Sanders has 30% of delegates and Pete is right behind him at 29% and Warren and Biden have 15% with the rest below 5%, the only real solution is a Sanders/Pete ticket. That's especially true if Pete starts picking up the majority of delegates once candidates drop out after Super Tuesday.

I blame the DNC for allowing states to frontload the schedule. The race is a long marathon that turns into a high energy sprint. There's no real way for voters to unite behind a single candidate over time.

Last edited:
Hypo Breakdown:

Sanders, 38 percent

Biden, 21

Bloomberg, 21

Pete, 10

Warren, 8

Amy, 1

Steyer, 1

Where candidates don't get 15 percent (or in some instances by congressional district), they get zero delegates in that state/district. Percentages of delegates are higher than actual percents.

I don’t know who the nominee would be at a brokered convention nor am I a big time “Bernie bro” but if Bernie has a plurality of the delegates and doesn’t get the nomination on a second ballot or brokered convention then Donald waltzes to the White House for a second term. I don’t think your feelings on Bernie matter much if you just look at the situation and surrounding factors.

It depends on how close Bernie’s plurality is to a majority of the vote. I can see Warren’s delegates being convinced to back him but if that’s not sufficient to take him over the top it’s hard to see him getting the nomination.

I don’t know who the nominee would be at a brokered convention nor am I a big time “Bernie bro” but if Bernie has a plurality of the delegates and doesn’t get the nomination on a second ballot or brokered convention then Donald waltzes to the White House for a second term. I don’t think your feelings on Bernie matter much if you just look at the situation and surrounding factors.

The feelings about Bernie are what matters. Bernie supporters think 2016 was rigged against him and that wasn’t close.

Back