• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 MLB Season Thread -- Rays v. Dodgers -- Small Payroll v. Large Payroll

Yankees are 1-6 against the Rays, and 15-3 against the rest of MLB. With the sweep at Yankee Stadium, the Rays have moved into first in the AL East.

Always lean to giving second chances, but the audio of Brennaman's "Fag Capital of the World" declaration was stated with such a tone of emphatic disdain and contempt/hate (it didn't sound at all like a bad attempt at a joke) that its hard to buy the "that's not who I am" backtrack when he learned the mic was on; the statement really seemed like that is exactly who he is. Apologies aren't going to cut it. He is going to have to figure out a way through actions to get a second chance. It's going to take a while.

Last edited:
I'll be playing short for the Yankees this weekend and be available out of the pen. Two more bite the dust today.

As for Thom, well it WAS a good career...

Who are the well known/popular announcers for specific teams? I remember when people tried to make a point to listen to Harry Caray, Harry Kalas, Marty Brennaman, Ernie Harwell, and of course Vin Scully. Seems like people have hated on announcers long enough to make all of them a bit unpopular. I guess John Sterling is still around.

I like the majority when I hear out of town games. I liked the Tigers announcers but then they decided to fight each other and got fired.

Joe Castiglione has been with the Sawx forever on radio. Jon Miller's been with the Giants for about 20 years.

I generally dislike Boston announcers but Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy were great together. Now Eckersley is there and the chemistry is meh.

I'm biased as a Yankee fan (and was a teenager during the late 1990s run), but I've really enjoyed David Cone and Paul O'Neill doing color this year.

My favorite rain delay moment was back in the 1980s when Jon Miller was doing the O's games. He did an impersonation of Vin Scully broadcasting a game in Japanese. So funny I could barely keep my car in the road I was laughing so hard.

Forgot about Miller, always thought of him as the voice of ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. He's a good one. Not really digging the style of Remy and his partner, though they no doubt have chemistry. Besides them, the play by play guy for the Rays is one of the only one with an instantly recognizable voice.

Forgot about Miller, always thought of him as the voice of ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. He's a good one. Not really digging the style of Remy and his partner, though they no doubt have chemistry. Besides them, the play by play guy for the Rays is one of the only one with an instantly recognizable voice.

Jon Miller was great when he was doing Baltimore Orioles games. It was disappointing but not surprising when he went to ESPN. $ talks. Angelos is notorious for pinching pennies.

Jon Miller was great when he was doing Baltimore Orioles games. It was disappointing but not surprising when he went to ESPN. $ talks. Angelos is notorious for pinching pennies.

Jon Miller is still great working with Dave Fleming calling Giants games on KNBR.

Uecker is a good one too, forgot he was still around. I'm also pretty happy with Scott Franzke (Phillies radio guy), but not sure he counts as famous.

Back