• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Biden's ability to take direction has been a positive for him. Not reacting to Trump pisses POTUS off and shows a difference between the two.

With each tragedy, the size of the vote seems to be getting larger. If national and local groups can keep the momentum up, it would be the worst of all worlds for the GOP.

The DNC, state Dems and local Dems need to explain that it's not just voting out Trump. it's voting out his enablers in all levels of government.

This picture is really something

5044195793610c1a02d3af2aec99258b.jpg

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/26/8833...l-hits-all-time-high-and-he-trails-biden-by-8

If things get a little better over the summer, then the kids who pulled the prank on Trump in OK should go to Trump rallies and protest there. I wouldn't be surprised if some social media savvy people couldn't create accounts on all platforms and go full Trump crazy and get a speaking spot at a rally like that crazy girl in Phoenix. Except when they get on stage, they rip Trump a new one.

His ego would lap up hundreds of pro-Trump messages and could easily sucker him.

If K-POP fans had any BALLS, they'd send few hundred thousand people to Trump "rallies" instead of hiding behind Tick Tocks like MILLENNIAL pussy cowards that they are.

“And he is going to be president because some people don’t love me, maybe,” Trump said. “And all I’m doing is doing my job.”

Trump said this to HAnnity of all people. He is a defeated and broken down old man at this point. That picture speaks a thousand words- literally "hat in hand."

Hat in hand brought a smile to my face. A buddy ran for Wake Student Council President by putting up posters around campus of him naked but having a hat in hand to cover his junk.

Talk about un-American!!!! You being really mean to Charlie Brown...

https://www.270towin.com/news/2019/...-based-on-new-census-population-data_925.html

Any reaction to the expected changes to the 2024 electoral map due to the 2020 cencus? TX picks up 3 EVs/house seats, FL 2 and 1 each to AZ, CO, MT, NC and OR. The 10 states losing 1 each are AL, CA, MI, MN, OH, NY, PA, RI and WV. That's a net pick up of 6 for traditional Pub states. That could make it a bit more difficult to keep the house and weight the EC a bit more to the Pub side. OTOH, TX, AZ and NC have been getting purpler and will continue to do so.

https://www.270towin.com/news/2019/...-based-on-new-census-population-data_925.html

Any reaction to the expected changes to the 2024 electoral map due to the 2020 cencus? TX picks up 3 EVs/house seats, FL 2 and 1 each to AZ, CO, MT, NC and OR. The 10 states losing 1 each are AL, CA, MI, MN, OH, NY, PA, RI and WV. That's a net pick up of 6 for traditional Pub states. That could make it a bit more difficult to keep the house and weight the EC a bit more to the Pub side. OTOH, TX, AZ and NC have been getting purpler and will continue to do so.

Make sense and in the long run its probably a good thing that the "rust belt" loses electoral importance. The myth of the return of the low-educated American factory worker needs to die. Hopefully Iowa gets forgotten as well after the year's fiasco.

Parscale not making it to July 15: You taking over or under?

Make sense and in the long run its probably a good thing that the "rust belt" loses electoral importance. The myth of the return of the low-educated American factory worker needs to die. Hopefully Iowa gets forgotten as well after the year's fiasco.

The Iowa Caucus needs to be abolished immediately, and both it and the NH primary need to be removed as the first two states in the presidential nomination process. They're both too small, too rural, and not very diverse demographically. Keeping them as the first two states eligible to choose a presidential candidate, which has given them vastly inflated importance, is just absurd in 21st Century America. It's long past time to go to some more coherent and nationally organized system of state primaries. I'm not holding my breath though.

Looks like the Dems still take the election if they reclaim PA, MI, WI, but lose if they lose NV in the process (they'd have held on in that scenario in 2016). In other words, they need to campaign outside the rust belt/midwest.

The Iowa Caucus needs to be abolished immediately, and both it and the NH primary need to be removed as the first two states in the presidential nomination process. They're both too small, too rural, and not very diverse demographically. Keeping them as the first two states eligible to choose a presidential candidate, which has given them vastly inflated importance, is just absurd in 21st Century America. It's long past time to go to some more coherent and nationally organized system of state primaries. I'm not holding my breath though.

I definitely want IA to be moved to the back of the line, due to their 2020 sins and the fact that it's a caucus. I don't mind NH being at the front because SC is right after it. I hear what you're saying about NH, but I also remember many Sanders fans being pissed off in 2016 that SC had such a prominent role given that it's such a Pub voting state. I guess it depends on whose ox is being gored. I'm cool with having 3-4 early primaries as long as they're from different regions, so I'm fine with NH, SC and NV as long as they're all primaries. Then Super Tuesday starts sorting things out.

Runner, historically it has been that it always comes down to FL and a few rust belt states. I also appreciate the changing demographics and bringing in new purple states like NV, AZ, TX, NC and GA. Though I still would much rather do away with the EC and go with the popular vote.

IA, NH and SC need not to be first. However, if you put CA, NY, FL or TX first, you will effectively make it about name recognition and ability to raise money before votes are taken.

I accept your friendly amendment that it be 3 rather diverse and smaller states to start the process. That does enhance the chances of a lesser known upstart a bit.

Back