• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Y’all should all read The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein. It touches on a lot of what has been discussed over the last few posts.

Yeah, I'm sure other northeastern cities like Philly, Pittsburgh and Boston had similar patterns.

Boston was horrible. Remember, the Red Sox were the last MLB team to integrate. Tom Yawkey was a bigot.

If there was free agency in the late 50s-60s, Russell would have left Boston.

lol, Republicans using anti-Trump sentiment to grift neoliberals?! Whaaat? No way!

*throwing my money into a big flaming barrel that says "Fuck Trump"*

The article says they’re spending an unusually high amount on ad production as opposed to airing them. Big fucking deal. They’re spending a ton on making new ads all the time, and instead of spending money on tv time, they’re spreading them for free on social media, especially twitter. What’s the problem?

Glenn Greenwald is not a source I would want to put any trust in.

Isn't this similar to the right wing complaints about the The Clinton Foundation that they engaged in direct activities instead of donating to other charities.

Are liberals donating to the Lincoln Project? Let the never Trumpers fund that thing.

The article says they’re spending an unusually high amount on ad production as opposed to airing them. Big fucking deal. They’re spending a ton on making new ads all the time, and instead of spending money on tv time, they’re spreading them for free on social media, especially twitter. What’s the problem?

Glenn Greenwald is not a source I would want to put any trust in.

You not liking the person who made that tweet doesn't mean anything to me. Greenwald is pulling straight froman open source project article. The rich Republican political operatives behind the Lincoln Project are contracting their own companies, at exorbitant rates, to make online videos that a skilled amateur could make for free. It's a grift.

"Spending money on creating ads instead of TV time" lol how much have you donated?

The Lincoln projects ads are better than anything I’ve seen out of the Democratic Party.

The Lincoln projects ads are better than anything I’ve seen out of the Democratic Party.

Definitely. But it would be hard for the Dems to do what the Lincoln Project is doing from within the GOP. Dems have to appeal to a broader base of concerns. The Lincoln Project is angry white people directing anger at angry white people. Dems are trying to get Dems elected. The Lincoln Project is just running negative ads against select Republicans. Simpler mandate.

Most importantly, it reflects a philosophical difference between how the parties run campaigns. Democrats do surgery. They make detailed arguments for complex ideas. Democrats have to advocate for a country we can be. It’s aspirational. Republicans insert a knife into their opponent and twist it and dare their opponent to take it out.

Agreed PH. So the point is, let’s encourage what they’re doing instead of eating our own like certain posters always seem to do.

And my campaign donations, if mdmh must know, are focused on NC political campaigns, including our appellate courts. Thanks for asking.

Judges are such a crapshoot. I'm not sure I've ever liked electing them. It really does seem the guy with the most money wins or is the most radical as he/she creates the most action.

Democrats should encourage what they are doing, learn from what they are doing but definitely not donate.

You not liking the person who made that tweet doesn't mean anything to me. Greenwald is pulling straight froman open source project article. The rich Republican political operatives behind the Lincoln Project are contracting their own companies, at exorbitant rates, to make online videos that a skilled amateur could make for free. It's a grift.

Where are all these amateur made videos that are getting as much attention and views as the LP ones?

The Lincoln Project ads are great, but I doubt they move the needle. People think Trump is a horrible person already.

His fans don’t and the ads won’t change their mind.
The Rs who vote with him hold their nose for tax cuts and judges.
Others are already voting against him.

Trump’s play is to drag a contender into the dirt with him so both of their negatives are high. Biden’s playing this election correctly by staying clean.

I think the targets of those ads are to reinforce the collar counties around Philly, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Phoenix. Milwaukee. Miami, Orlando and a couple of other cities. I'm guessing but I'd bet the Lincoln Project will be placing a number of ads in FL to drive older voters away from Trump.

Back