• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Definitely. But it would be hard for the Dems to do what the Lincoln Project is doing from within the GOP. Dems have to appeal to a broader base of concerns. The Lincoln Project is angry white people directing anger at angry white people. Dems are trying to get Dems elected. The Lincoln Project is just running negative ads against select Republicans. Simpler mandate.

Most importantly, it reflects a philosophical difference between how the parties run campaigns. Democrats do surgery. They make detailed arguments for complex ideas. Democrats have to advocate for a country we can be. It’s aspirational. Republicans insert a knife into their opponent and twist it and dare their opponent to take it out.

Good points.

The Lincoln Project ads are great, but I doubt they move the needle. People think Trump is a horrible person already.

His fans don’t and the ads won’t change their mind.
The Rs who vote with him hold their nose for tax cuts and judges.
Others are already voting against him.

Trump’s play is to drag a contender into the dirt with him so both of their negatives are high. Biden’s playing this election correctly by staying clean.

Good post. And that’s the main benefit of the Lincoln Project. Democrats have basically contracted out negative campaigning to a wing of the GOP.

Biden is staying clean because he can. Most of the criticisms of him haven’t stuck. Trump’s negatives are known and baked into the election. Biden doesn’t have to lob criticisms and doesn’t need to defend himself.

Last edited:
NED, can you change the thread title to "2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump v. Kanye" please?

I wonder if Kanye will name Taylor Swift his VP choice...damn, she's too young...

Judges are such a crapshoot. I'm not sure I've ever liked electing them. It really does seem the guy with the most money wins or is the most radical as he/she creates the most action.

Focusing on the crapshoot point, I disagree. I read every appellate opinion that comes out in any way related to my practice areas. I know the judges who are fair and the ones who will never rule against an insurance company or for someone who has been injured. It’s a very clear line. I want the ones who are fair to be re-elected.

The elections make it a crapshoot. Depending on the year, you can turn the court radically one way or another.

Focusing on the crapshoot point, I disagree. I read every appellate opinion that comes out in any way related to my practice areas. I know the judges who are fair and the ones who will never rule against an insurance company or for someone who has been injured. It’s a very clear line. I want the ones who are fair to be re-elected.

Are you sharing this information with other voters?

Yes. We send out emails to friends and family with our recommendations/endorsements in judicial elections.

That’s great. Thanks for putting it together. Could you post them on the boards or PM them to me so I can pass them on to NC family and friends?

That’s great. Thanks for putting it together. Could you post them on the boards or PM them to me so I can pass them on to NC family and friends?

Sure. I’ll be happy to post them on the boards. Superior court will be specific to wake county but the other races are state wide.

The Lincoln Project ads are great, but I doubt they move the needle. People think Trump is a horrible person already.

His fans don’t and the ads won’t change their mind.
The Rs who vote with him hold their nose for tax cuts and judges.
Others are already voting against him.

Trump’s play is to drag a contender into the dirt with him so both of their negatives are high. Biden’s playing this election correctly by staying clean.

Yup. Joe needs to keep staying in four corners and let Trump continue to self destruct. Among a million other ironies is that Trump’s total failure on COVID will be his undoing because (on top of everything else) He can’t get it out of the news. He can’t drag Joe into the mud because there is no oxygen left out there after COVID, the resultant shit economy, no sports and cops killing people.

Four corners cost Deano a number NCAA championships. Joe needs to keep trying to score but not push it.

Yup. Joe needs to keep staying in four corners and let Trump continue to self destruct. Among a million other ironies is that Trump’s total failure on COVID will be his undoing because (on top of everything else) He can’t get it out of the news. He can’t drag Joe into the mud because there is no oxygen left out there after COVID, the resultant shit economy, no sports and cops killing people.

Yep. There’s no room in the media cycle to hyperventilate about some meaningless Biden gaffe or literally Trumped up “scandal.” Biden is having a tough time just getting coverage for a simple speech. The polls look good so he shouldn’t push the cycle to the point that things could turn against him.

Yep. There’s no room in the media cycle to hyperventilate about some meaningless Biden gaffe or literally Trumped up “scandal.” Biden is having a tough time just getting coverage for a simple speech. The polls look good so he shouldn’t push the cycle to the point that things could turn against him.

COVID isn’t going anywhere and is only getting worse. Wait ‘til the NFL shuts down. Or god forbid no ESS-EEE-SEE for all the mouth breathers down there. I think he’s hoping on a vaccine or treatment Hail Mary but that ain’t happening by Election Day either. I really just don’t see a way out for him unless Joe dies or kills someone in the next 4 months.

Ps congrats to RJ on 75k posts - if only you hadn’t gone into self imposed exile...

It would be ironic if the best strategy to beat Trump turns out to be to simply disappear for several months and force Trump to basically run against himself. It's now clear that unless he has a visible opponent to attack and belittle he's thrown off-balance and appears lost and even flailing.

One thing that hurt Hillary down the stretch four years ago was that Trump stayed out of the media after Comey delivered his October surprise.

It helps that Biden has more of a servant mentality and is not an attention seeker. Hillary seems aggrieved if she goes too long without recognition.

You can literally draw a direct line between Trumps narcissism and vanity and tens of thousands of American deaths (probably going to be hundreds of thousands by the time this is finished). This election shouldn't even be a contest. It boggles my mind that people can look at his administration's response to this crisis and think the right people are in charge.

Back