• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I try not to get too far into the weeds with global economic conspiracy theory, but you don't have to look very deep to realize that America is still involved in a de-facto cold war with Russia/China, only now it almost entirely revolves around trade and the control of resources. There is a lot of speculation that western powers are trying to break up the Chinese control over the minerals that go into electronic manufacturing. This is particularly interesting as the world slouches towards green energy production, where we will become far more heavily reliant upon short term energy storage from solar, wind, etc.

I don't think any of this is a conspiracy theory.

China has a very public belt and road initiative that aims to take control of resource production in foreign countries. It's de facto economic colonization.

Russia has similar aspirations, just on a more limited, regional scale.

I don't think any of this is a conspiracy theory.

China has a very public belt and road initiative that aims to take control of resource production in foreign countries. It's de facto economic colonization.

Russia has similar aspirations, just on a more limited, regional scale.

lol, that's not the conspiracy part.

Did you read the oas report?

And no coups of fifty plus years ago don't make my presidential decision clearer. It's just Cold War bitching jumbo.

Did you read the oas report?

And no coups of fifty plus years ago don't make my presidential decision clearer. It's just Cold War bitching jumbo.

Progressives knew the OAS report was bullshit when it came out, and the NYT confirmed it was bullshit just weeks ago. Not that you care, otherwise you'd give a shit that the current "leader" of Bolivia, Jeanine Anez, is a right wing anti-indigenous extremist who took power through a military junta under the auspices of a "temporary transition" to free democratic electoralism. She's still in power a year later, has persecuted all MAS party leaders into exile out of the country, and has banned the MAS Party, the largest party in the country - the party of indigenous Bolivians, from participating in Bolivian politics.

Yes, the organization of American states fabricated the events of the election

Yes, the organization of American states fabricated the events of the election

You can be naive or stupid, all the same to me. As I said, none of the people with that dumbass point of view give a shit about the current unelected right wing dictatorship of Bolivia, and thats not a coincidence.

30 countries ? I beg to differ. Again why is this in the election post?

I’m surprised Brad didn’t wanna set himself up nicely for the future by prognosticating anti-polling. Didn’t you see all the value Brad?

“Indeed, in a statistical analysis called regression, being worried about catching the coronavirus is a significant independent predictor of vote preference, controlling for other factors including partisanship, ideology and demographics.”

Fear doesn’t usually work in the favor of Democrats. Seems like it only happens after an incumbent Republican messes up so bad that even Dems get scared.

Biden has his own risks, particularly a pronounced lack of enthusiasm for his candidacy. Yet the impact of that deficit remains to be seen: For two-thirds of his supporters, it’s chiefly not about electing Biden, but about defeating Trump.

This is pretty damning.

Kasich gets a lot of undeserved credit for just being awful, but not a lunatic like most of the people he ran against in the pub primary.

It’s pretty amazing how he’s managed to make a name for himself simply because he quit the 2016 primary well after he had no chance.

Good point, Ph. It seems to have given the illusion that he had more support than he really did.

I guess we're not going to talk about Kanye's even in North Charleston yesterday here, which is fine. I'll just leave this post here for posterity.

Back