• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

There are times you can ignore race and there are times you can't. Placing somebody a heartbeat from leading the free world or leading the free world are times you have to do so.

This quote reminds me of old NFL...can’t have a black QB

Yes, you are racist.

For example, if I was going to create a color blind society and start now, it would be ridiculous to not recognize that average whites start with $1000 bucks and blacks start with $5 because of history.

If I'm putting someone's hand on the button, I'm choosing the individual who I'm trusting with the fate of the world. And unlike averages, there are individuals of all races who have achieved to where I'm comfortable with this. Meritocracy has worked slowly and needs to be accelerated.

Must be nice to be able to choose when you can ignore race and when you can’t, seems like the white kind of problem to have

I believe in affirmative action for Wake, but not for my President.

Am I not the one defending Harris on her qualifications, which have been badly misstated here?

Last edited:
Why can't people of any race have their finger on the button? Why do you have to ignore race?

People of any race can have their finger on the button. That's the point.

Must be nice to be able to choose when you can ignore race and when you can’t, seems like the white kind of problem to have

I hope you never have to get life saving surgery. I'd hope you could ignore race and get the best woman or man for the job.

You thought I wrote that? I quoted it.

And that’s not even close to a definition of racism. Maybe part of the problem is people like center who believe they ignore race so they’re not racist.

i'm sure the few men on death row are heartened to know that when Kamala railroaded them with testimony she knew was coerced, she did it to succeed in a white supremacist justice system. Fuck that.

what kind of egocentric bullshit is it to say that you specifically have to do terrible, inhumane things inorder to get power. Fuck every single person making excuses for that. Gross.

Number of people executed by the state of California since 1976, 13. All men, including 2 black men.

Number of people executed prosecuted by Sen. Harris - zero.

Number of people executed while Sen. Harris was state AG - zero.

Kern County Prosecutor adds lines of false confession to a defendents testimony, of a more serious crime, so that the defendent will be charged with life in prison. Pressures defendent to plead guilty. Defense attorney requests the tape, proving the testimony evidence false. Prosecutor admits to falsifying evidence. Judge throws out the indictment.

What does Kamala Harris do? Appeals the dismissal! She loses. I guess she had to defend that egregious injustice because shes a black woman in a white supremacist system? Fuck that bullshit excuse. How dare anyone be so perverse as to spin that into some racial opportunity grievance. Wrong is wrong, injustice is injustice, no matter what color the person committing it is. You dont like moral purity politics, get a fucking job that doesnt "require" you to do fucked up shit

You changed the subject. Zero executions under Harris.

You have one case where she lost. Good. Sometimes the prosecutor needs to lose.

You changed the subject. Zero executions under Harris.

You have one case where she lost. Good. Sometimes the prosecutor needs to lose.

I have no clue what you're talking about. I do know you shouldn't use the word "lose" when you mean " Knowingly defending egregious prosecutorial misconduct intended to put a man in jail for life based on falsified evidence".

You talked about the imaginary death row in California and Harris putting people on there. I showed nothing of the sort has occurred. You changed tactics to point out a single case in her six plus year tenure.

You talked about the imaginary death row in California and Harris putting people on there. I showed nothing of the sort has occurred. You changed tactics to point out a single case in her six plus year tenure.

jesus christ, I meant "life in jail", now either honestly debate what I posted or stop quoting me, please. I'm not exactly sure how many examples of Kamala's bad actions as AG that you would need to respect my criticizing her, but i'm gonna guess thats it's more than I feel like staying up and posting.

"life in jail" and execution are two very different things.

Do you want to debate beyond a single case her overall record as AG?

This is the bullshit. The problem isn't with leftist "purity politics", its the gaslighting bullshit where hardly anyone on here will acknowledge the terrible things that establishment Democrats do. It either A. Never Happened, B. It's a hyperbolic criticism explained away with obfuscation, or C. It had to be done, there were no better options, blah blah. As long as there's some electoral stakes vs Republicans, there are never any standards for Democratic conduct, ideology or morality. Well, except for doing anti-semetic tropes. *Thats* a no-no.

Last edited:
So if Townie gets it, I'm still voting Biden/Harris, do I also get a pass from bullshit on OGBoards?

"life in jail" and execution are two very different things.

Do you want to debate beyond a single case her overall record as AG?

Sure, first read this opinion from Lara Bazelon, A criminal justice professor and the former director of the Innocent in Los Angeles Project:

http://https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/kamala-harris-criminal-justice.amp.html?usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#aoh=15973825580909&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Last edited:
Back