• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

People of any race can have their finger on the button. That's the point.

Then why would we need to ignore their race?

what kind of egocentric bullshit is it to say that you specifically have to do terrible, inhumane things inorder to get power. Fuck every single person making excuses for that. Gross.

Know your country, bro.

This is a mystifying statement seemingly based on a naive understanding of the history of this nation and power. It's hard to name people with any real power, especially political, corporate, or economic power who haven't done "terrible, inhuman things." You may not like it. You may want to change it. But that's real shit. So looking at the world we live in 2020 that is far from the world we want to live in and saying "Oh look, see what this person did 15, 25, 40 years ago to put them in position to where they are one of the most powerful people in the country. That was a bad thing!" is a pretty depressing exercise that isn't going to pay off for you. I hope the first virgin in politics is running for local office, working a campaign, or part of the 2018 Dem class, but it still may be awhile before they run for President.

I'll take it a step further. You can explain differences in the types of careers of people on the left and right specifically based on their desire for power and willingness to do "terrible, inhuman things" to keep that power. That's why people in the left go toward creative endeavors or education and people on the right skew toward business and criminal justice.

Last edited:
"Then why would we need to ignore their race?"

Who gives a shit about your ethnic background as long as you can handle the Presidency?

"Then why would we need to ignore their race?"

Who gives a shit about your ethnic background as long as you can handle the Presidency?

What the fuck is wrong with you? That’s one of the most blatantly offensive things I’ve seen posted here.

My background is important to me. I’m proud to be Black. I give a shit. I’m a Black man. If you just call me a man, you are admitting you have to ignore my Blackness to see me as capable. Wow.

Kamala is proud of her heritage. Why shouldn’t you acknowledge her heritage too?

If you can’t acknowledge someone’s identity and be fine with them doing a job, you’re going to have a tough time in this world.

What the fuck is wrong with you? That’s one of the most blatantly offensive things I’ve seen posted here.

My background is important to me. I’m proud to be Black. I give a shit. I’m a Black man. If you just call me a man, you are admitting you have to ignore my Blackness to see me as capable. Wow.

Kamala is proud of her heritage. Why shouldn’t you acknowledge her heritage too?

If you can’t acknowledge someone’s identity and be fine with them doing a job, you’re going to have a tough time in this world.

Our Chief Sophist in Residence has spoken. Hope y'all are taking notes.

Decoding this sophistry: certain approved heritages must be acknowledged, and they must be acknowledged in a positive way. Not recognizing the approved heritages positively is bigotry. Other non-currently-trending heritages can only be acknowledged in a negative way. Got it. Carry on.

Sailor, shut the fuck up. You bring no value to the board. Eat your applesauce and leave everyone else alone.

Ph- center is weird, but he is saying, somewhat in-artfully, that there are people of all races qualified to be President. Therefore race shouldn’t be a consideration.

That ain’t a particularly controversial point. There are some flaws, namely that determining who is the “best” person for the job of President involves a complicated mix of ability and ideology. But he’s not demeaning anybody when he says it.

Posting at 4am is bad for reading comprehension

...It's hard to name people with any real power, especially political, corporate, or economic power who haven't done "terrible, inhuman things." You may not like it. You may want to change it. But that's real shit. So looking at the world we live in 2020 that is far from the world we want to live in and saying "Oh look, see what this person did 15, 25, 40 years ago to put them in position to where they are one of the most powerful people in the country. That was a bad thing!" is a pretty depressing exercise that isn't going to pay off for you. I hope the first virgin in politics is running for local office, working a campaign, or part of the 2018 Dem class, but it still may be awhile before they run for President.

"I hope the first virgin in politics is running for office..." you sound like a MAGA idiot, but if want to try this cynical persona on - see if it fits. Just remember that all the abuses we're outraged about in the fascism thread are just professionals making hard decisions.

Oh trust us, we know. Your posts have a very strong shitty vibe.

I could copy and paste directly from reputable resources and some of you would still dismiss and deny. If you cant handle the fact that your political favs are problematic, that's your problem. Go stick your head in the sand and wait for November 3rd I guess.

I don't see what's so difficult to grasp. But maybe I'm missing something.

It's a big deal that a woman of color, with mixed-race heritage, is the VP nominee of a major political party. Because of...history.

That can and should be celebrated. Of course it's not "enough", but it's something to celebrate. Not ignore.

It's short-sighted (at least) IMO to want to shit on the celebrating and say her gender or heritage are irrelevant. Even if there's a sense in which that is or may be true.

Moving on, here is a very cool article about the relationship and differences between Obama and Biden, and how that related to Clinton running in 2016:

http://https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/14/obama-biden-relationship-393570

"...But behind all the BFF bonhomie is a much more complicated story—one fueled by the misgivings the 44th president had about the would-be 46th, the deep hurt still felt among Biden’s allies over how Obama embraced Hillary Clinton as his successor, and a powerful sense of pride that is driving Biden to prove that the former president and many of his aides underestimated the very real strengths of his partner..."

Last edited:
I’m glad sailor is here to tell black people how to feel about racism in the country. Good shit man.

Sailor, shut the fuck up. You bring no value to the board. Eat your applesauce and leave everyone else alone.

Ph- center is weird, but he is saying, somewhat in-artfully, that there are people of all races qualified to be President. Therefore race shouldn’t be a consideration.

That ain’t a particularly controversial point. There are some flaws, namely that determining who is the “best” person for the job of President involves a complicated mix of ability and ideology. But he’s not demeaning anybody when he says it.

It’s demeaning. And it’s demeaning to tell me it’s not demeaning. He shouldn’t have to ignore someone’s race in order to acknowledge their ability to do a job.

I don't think he said he had to ignore race. I think he said he could.

But whatever, center posts in a weird, hard-to-understand way. I'm not sure why I decided to try and explain his posts to you before, and I won't be doing it any further.

Back