• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

The Lincoln Project types will be the new center right flank of the Democratic Party. I think they abandoned hope of reforming the GOP a little while ago. This effusive effort to help Biden is going to give them plenty of influence.

That was the talking point when the pandemic first started and still going strong as of today on conservative talk radio

Somehow, someway, there's always an excuse not to vote for the Democrat. "Yeah, Trump has been epically awful, but just imagine how bad Hillary would have been, or Biden could be! Better stick with Trump!"

You underestimate the true hatred of Trump by the wing that believes he killed the core of the party once stood.

Lincoln Project has not been quiet.

What’s the plan here though? Criticize Lincoln Project for not being progressive (which they aren’t) and have them go back to voting for Trump?

All weekend they’ve been hitting Trump while Biden pulled his negative ads. And it’s not just the official account. It’s the participants who are tweeting out all day long.

The Lincoln Project types will be the new center right flank of the Democratic Party. I think they abandoned hope of reforming the GOP a little while ago. This effusive effort to help Biden is going to give them plenty of influence.

I don’t want a center right flank of the party

RVAT and Lincoln Project bros will be back voting for republicans as soon as (and probably before) Trump is gone. I don’t think they are sticking around voting for Democrats.

I don’t want a center right flank of the party

Well buckle up. I’m worried this enthusiastic support from the right have more influence long term than the tepid support from the left.

RVAT and Lincoln Project bros will be back voting for republicans as soon as (and probably before) Trump is gone. I don’t think they are sticking around voting for Democrats.

I think that was true a year ago. They thought they could get rid of the racist, fascist, authoritarian wing. But they’re taking aim at the whole party now because they realize that wing is the GOP.

Further, I didn't mean the accounts went dark when RBG died. I mean they've been topical about everything Trump does with attack ads (that work on rich libs who have never even considered the concept before because Dems are wusses) but when RBG died they didn't have anything to say about another conservative judicial appointment...because they support it!

BBD is correct here, this is their brief opportunity to grift Dems.

Well buckle up. I’m worried this enthusiastic support from the right have more influence long term than the tepid support from the left.

Probably then the DNC and DSCC and establishment shouldn't do concerted efforts to squash left movements!

Further, I didn't mean the accounts went dark when RBG died. I mean they've been topical about everything Trump does with attack ads (that work on rich libs who have never even considered the concept before because Dems are wusses) but when RBG died they didn't have anything to say about another conservative judicial appointment...because they support it!

BBD is correct here, this is their brief opportunity to grift Dems.

Could you explain what you mean by being topical? Attacking him on every issue?

The Lincoln Project hasn't attacked Barrett but they did run an ad attacking Lindsey Graham for saying to use his words against him in 2016. And they did this ad attacking GOP senators for rushing Barrett's confirmation.

Probably then the DNC and DSCC and establishment shouldn't do concerted efforts to squash left movements!

Meh. The Democratic Party isn't some all-powerful super effective political machine. In fact, the party machine is very bad at politics.

oh look it's the correct answer

The Biden campaign really needs to launch a campaign questioning Trump's health and whether we can really trust if he is going to fully recover. Focus on the contradictory statements of the medical team. This is exactly what republicans would do and it will influence a few people. Take any advantage. That's just where we are now.

Yeah but I don't think that moves the needle for us. Who are we pealing off that would otherwise vote for Trump by questioning his health? I think you can let the Lincoln Project beat the hell out of him huffing and puffing while Biden continues to point out Trump's covid failures to get a few extra older folders into the fold. Republican women apparently are responding better to ads that draw a soft contrast b/w Biden and Trump, so I don't think the hit pieces will work basically. They would be fun, however.

ETA: FWIW, my wife, a former a-political person that grew up in a very republican household, cannot stand Trump. She is the coveted suburban housewife and she and her friends cannot stand the man. The issue for these women, IMO, is not that they are worried about the suburbs being overrun by black and brown people, it is that they don't want their kids growing up in an intolerant country. So when Trump says his racist stuff about the suburbs, it only pushes them further away. And they all love Corey Booker and welcome him as their new leader of HUD!

Last edited:
Lincoln Project draws an outsize amount of attention on this board and in society at large compared to the actual difference they are going to make in this election, which is negligible. As far as grifting, well, maybe they are grifters, but politics is slap full of grifters. I would not want to be a creditor of the Trump campaign on November 4 or, even worse, January 21.

Lincoln Project is the enemy of my enemy, nothing more. They want Trump gone, so do I. No doubt they'll be tomorrow's problem, so deal with them tomorrow.

that the Mayor Pete fans are enamored of the Lincoln Project ads is about as unsurprising as could be

Could you explain what you mean by being topical? Attacking him on every issue?

The Lincoln Project hasn't attacked Barrett but they did run an ad attacking Lindsey Graham for saying to use his words against him in 2016. And they did this ad attacking GOP senators for rushing Barrett's confirmation.

Ok hadn't seen this. I sorta lost the message with "desperate power grab" and the one second screenshot of the Politico headline among everything else in the ad, but fair enough.

I guess I'm glad someone is attacking Trump if Biden won't.

Starting to see several National polls coming out with Biden with a lead in the 15-point range.

Well, the common refrain was that Trump was in trouble and really needed a good debate performance. And then the debate was a debacle - and then the Covid thing happened (and is still happening) - and now Wall Street is starting to say that a big Biden win would be much better for the economy - and something else is certain to blow-up in the next week or so. A month or so ago, I would have said there is 0.01% that Trump bails out before election day. However, I now wonder if it becomes clear that he is just going to get blown out of the water and is not going to have much of a "rigged election"lever to pull, if he'll "retire" for health reasons toward the end of Oct in order to avoid the embarrassment of a blow-out loss. Especially if he really does end up with some lingering Covid health problems. I'm not saying there is a great chance of it happening, but it seems like his campaign really started circling the toilet over the last week plus. And if he truly knows he is going to get beat bad and has an excuse to say "I probably would have won if I didn't get the Chinese Virus", I wouldn't put it past him to bail.

Back