• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

We’re probably a week away from him (presuming he’s not a ventilator) tweeting something as low as “I hereby charge joe Biden with...something” or cheering support for the Michigan terrorists. He’s a cornered wounded animal.

Republicans can stop this but they don’t want to.

Yep

They own this shit show.

Outside of some SERIOUSLY shady shit, I don't see how he doesn't end up in prison. Dude has committed MASSIVE tax fraud...along with some petty treason.

he may have committed some light treason

He's not going to be on all sorts of drugs/steroids by the time the election is over - he'll be dead or no longer have COVID. Is this suggested bipartisan commission (which will never be set up this year, even if the bill were to be passed), going to remove the president for being a raging narcissist or sociopath? It just doesn't make sense to me and the optics look even worse.

Seems like mental health falls under the 25th. I don't think his mental health will be better if he loses.

Oh there’s a purpose all right. The guy with the nuclear codes is quite possibly having some mental side effects from his roids.

I hear this a lot lately, but honestly, is he acting all that differently at all? I don't notice any real difference in his level of crazy. It is just a bout a new topic - him having covid.

He ain't going quietly into the night. I expect he's going to start his own right wing news outlet or join 1 of the existing ones, and he'll continue to be quite the loud public voice and of course a martyr.

Oh, definitely. Even if he loses in a rout he's not going away, at least for the GOP. It doesn't matter what margin he loses by, he'll still claim that it was stolen (and a good chunk of his base will believe that even if it's a landslide), and he'll just buy OAN or start his own network to compete with Fox. Even if he doesn't do that he'll continue to tweet and speak and probably continue to hold campaign-style rallies even though he's no longer the POTUS and there's no upcoming election. He loves the attention and adulation as it feeds that insecure ego. Any Republican who turns against him will still be called out in tweets and speeches and will likely have to face the anger of their own base. The GOP has become a party where the tail wags the dog. They created this Frankenstein monster, and I seriously doubt that even a landslide defeat will cause him to lose control of the party. The base will still adore him no matter what.

is there any way we could create a truman show like existence for him

It would be difficult, but easier for him than most people. Need some bots to respond approvingly to his tweets. Need a few people to tell him how brilliant he is. The rallies would be trickier. Maybe get a few hundred paid actors to wear MAGA clothes and cheer. You couldn't put an ex-President in a typical prison, so I'd be fine building him a special prison for this.

I hear this a lot lately, but honestly, is he acting all that differently at all? I don't notice any real difference in his level of crazy. It is just a bout a new topic - him having covid.

Yep

It’s tough to say if he’s any more nuts than usual.

He ain't going quietly into the night. I expect he's going to start his own right wing news outlet or join 1 of the existing ones, and he'll continue to be quite the loud public voice and of course a martyr.

or die of covid, which would be good and cool

Perfect for him would be to have his voice reduced to a quiet whisper from the Covid.

He tweets somewhat regularly. Good for him.

Didn’t have him pegged for a Trumper.

Gotta love the attempts to remake "bipartisan" as supports Trump vs. doesn't support Trump. (Like how Romney said that DeJoy donated to "both sides" because he donated to both Trump and Romney.)

Gotta love the attempts to remake "bipartisan" as supports Trump vs. doesn't support Trump. (Like how Romney said that DeJoy donated to "both sides" because he donated to both Trump and Romney.)

In fairness to Bob Dole, supporting trump is the official platform of the Republican Party this year.

The debate commission should be nonpartisan. Make it those undecided voters who show up on those panels.

Just a quick reminder that Bob Dole is not dead.

This is stupid. It is on the GOP to make sure their appointees to the Debate Commission support their candidate. It has an equal number of Dems and Repubs so it is by nature bipartisan. Bipartisan is about party not person. They can't go crying "unfair" if the GOP people on the committee hate their candidate.

Wait, who is running Dole’s account? That dude has been dead for awhile, right?

He actually meant to tweet that before the first debate but since he’s 97 years old it took him this long to type that.

Back