• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

A parade of over 300 golf carts supporting Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden caravanned to the Sumter County Elections office to cast their ballots during early voting Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2020, in The Villages, Fla.

https://apnews.com/article/election...ichael-pence-b8bbfd3a87dc290a84b9ed9915a4cf63

My wife is from Sumter County (before it was The Villages). I told her months ago, if Trump has a problem in Sumter County he’s done.

My wife is from Sumter County (before it was The Villages). I told her months ago, if Trump has a problem in Sumter County he’s done.

Trump won Sumter 68.8-29.5.

Trump won Sumter 68.8-29.5. So yeah. Any trouble there would be a problem.

Just saw the Cindy McCain endorsement commercial for Joe Biden, gotta admit that seems like a big get.

Just saw the Cindy McCain endorsement commercial for Joe Biden, gotta admit that seems like a big get.

Yeah, I saw a couple of times yesterday. While it was moving and very well done, I don't know if it will cause many more voters to switch from Trump to Biden at this late point - more likely it reassures those who have already made the switch that it was the right thing to do.

Yeah, I saw a couple of times yesterday. While it was moving and very well done, I don't know if it will cause many more voters to switch from Trump to Biden at this late point - more likely it reassures those who have already made the switch that it was the right thing to do.

Agreed, but I do think it will definitely help in Arizona. I've read articles saying that they still love McCain there and even some AZ Republicans are still angry at Trump's treatment of him. Even if it just changes a few more votes to Biden it may help turn the state blue.

Agreed, but I do think it will definitely help in Arizona. I've read articles saying that they still love McCain there and even some AZ Republicans are still angry at Trump's treatment of him. Even if it just changes a few more votes to Biden it may help turn the state blue.

I could see that ad moving the needle in AZ.

Also, it is a reminder to veterans, National Guard and active military about how Trump treated a decorated Viet Nam war veteran. The Trump base is generally pro-military. Any reminder that Trump only wants the military for parades, but doesn't really care about those willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for the country should help Biden with a group that historically votes republican.

Might move a few votes in rural PA and other states. Those areas also regularly send people into the military. It's one more drop into the bucket.

This will also help remind some Reagan voters and others that it is possible to disagree without being disagreeable.

Last edited:
This will also help remind some Reagan voters and others that it is possible to disagree without being a complete pos. Of course the trumpublican wing of the party -90% at this point? embrace the hate -

So I know quite a few people who are voting for Trump solely because of the tax issue- they think he is an ass but don't want to see their taxes increased by Biden (either they make >$400k or own a small business that is incorporated and therefore would be impacted by the corporate tax increase I guess?)- how do you/is it possible to swing those voters who only vote with their pocketbook?

So I know quite a few people who are voting for Trump solely because of the tax issue- they think he is an ass but don't want to see their taxes increased by Biden (either they make >$400k or own a small business that is incorporated and therefore would be impacted by the corporate tax increase I guess?)- how do you/is it possible to swing those voters who only vote with their pocketbook?

If they are a small business owner, you can make the case that a better social safety net = more customers and more willingness to spend money at their business.

Having known a few of these, I unfortunately don't have a tip for you. Out of the 1-issue voters out there, these folks are as entrenched as any.

Having known a few of these, I unfortunately don't have a tip for you. Out of the 1-issue voters out there, these folks are as entrenched as any.

Yes. Estate tax reform is also likely if Biden wins and many of those that stand to inherit big from mommy and daddy will be voting on that issue alone.

If they are a small business owner, you can make the case that a better social safety net = more customers and more willingness to spend money at their business.

Yep. I also don't know why a small business owner would rather deal with health care than just have everybody on a universal health care plan.

People who make over $400K/year and only care about their personal wealth and give zeroes fucks about other people, the climate, the quality of life their grandchildren will have, etc should absolutely vote for Donald Trump.

They should also start investing in personal security because it is going to get ugly for them real soon if we don't reverse our runaway income equality:

3ieikxhgq7g51.jpg

Last edited:
Back