• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

I hope decades down the road, we'll remember Trump as the catalyst for the country to actually become a democracy.

So who here is surprised Trump is a big time Columbus guy?

Yes. Estate tax reform is also likely if Biden wins and many of those that stand to inherit big from mommy and daddy will be voting on that issue alone.

Estate tax reform is not a straw that is going to stir any tax drink. It's all about capital gains and marginal increases on highest earners for the wealthy. The wealthy have been set on how to handle estate taxes for decades and that isn't going to change. The real losers on estate taxes are not the uber wealthy.

Trump may be the first POTUS to run for reelection and pretend that he's not really been the president for the past four years, but somehow it's still the Democrats who have actually been in charge of everything, despite his party holding all 3 branches of the government for two years and all but one-half of one branch for two more years. He's still running as an outsider who seemingly has had nothing to do with with the policies or epic failures of the past four years. "The country is just going to hell - vote for me and I'll fix everything, including my own monumental screwups and fixing my own mistakes!"

Someone learned the lesson of the 2016 election

so now they care what people think? Base doesn't care. What more is hidden?

It pisses me off when the pundit class just laughs off media reports of Republicans openly discussing how to invalidate votes and thus the election in the eyes of their base then using the courts to make it a reality.

It pisses me off when the pundit class just laughs off media reports of Republicans openly discussing how to invalidate votes and thus the election in the eyes of their base then using the courts to make it a reality.

And it's all because they're not in the news or journalism business anymore, they're in the entertainment business. And having a disastrous election with court challenges and riots in the streets and a disputed result will be great for ratings. Of course, it would also be horrific for the country and may end our democracy, but as long as your "news" organization is raking in the cash, who cares?

f u gop and reagan for dumping the fairness doctrine and paving the way for cable news as entertainment rather than straight, factual news allowing Americans to decide.

Reagan also paved the way for children's program to sell toys and not just be educational as well. So everything became entertainment from Transformers to Hannity.

This is non-presidential but isn't AOC running again this year? I haven't heard much about her campaign or her chances of getting re-elected this year in New York

Back