• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

LOL what a clown. I remember when he was the educated centrist conservative and now he's just another fucking FOX News hack.

At least he's reporting on Hunter Biden and not refrigerators like the lubish NYT.

LOL what a clown. I remember when he was the educated centrist conservative and now he's just another fucking FOX News hack.

Didn't watch a ton of Crossfire, but I remember him as supposedly being the "reasonable" one when compared to Robert Novak-at least until Jon Stewart called him a dick.

Didn't watch a ton of Crossfire, but I remember him as supposedly being the "reasonable" one when compared to Robert Novak-at least until Jon Stewart called him a dick.

Stewart did more than that. Went after the format and won. That appearance is a must watch.

I am assuming that the rube base and for that matter the majority of the American population don't understand percentages and will fall for the best GDP growth ever!!! While still being 12% below where we even started from.

I am assuming that the rube base and for that matter the majority of the American population don't understand percentages and will fall for the best GDP growth ever!!! While still being 12% below where we even started from.

Most Americans don't give a shit what some report says. They'll know what the last four years has meant for them personally from an economy standpoint. And they'll also know where they stand today and how that feels going forward.

You say that while somehow discounting the but look at the stock market defense you get from a bunch of people that have nothing in the market.

That Jon Stewart Crossfire clip is the first political clip I remember "going viral" when that was a thing but before social media. I remember downloading the clip and sending the link to people.

Most Americans don't give a shit what some report says. They'll know what the last four years has meant for them personally from an economy standpoint. And they'll also know where they stand today and how that feels going forward.

That feels right. But at the same time, you had people who thought they economy was horrible when Obama was President then it instantly became the greatest economy ever when Trump was President. It was the same economy.

As I recall, Al Franken, in his book “Lies and the lying liars that tell them, was complimentary of Carlson, noting he was one of the few conservative media personalities that followed up and admitted his errors after Franken interviewed him.

That Jon Stewart Crossfire clip is the first political clip I remember "going viral" when that was a thing but before social media. I remember downloading the clip and sending the link to people.

defs

another early one a couple years later was Colbert at the Correspondent's Dinner

Stewart did more than that. Went after the format and won. That appearance is a must watch.

Jon Stewart at his best is fantastic. I always find it amusing when these idiots invite someone like him on their show just to get skewered. It did cause me physical pain when he said something to the effect of “it’s hard to get more absurd than this group” in reference to the Bush White House. If only you knew 2004 Jon Stewart.

Lincoln Project got the Honey Badger guy. This is a game changer.

Stewart has a new Apple+ show coming next year.

I read a good article on Tucker some time ago - can't remember the website - that basically said that Tucker has never gotten over the grilling that Stewart gave him, and that a good deal of his public resentment at "liberal coastal elites" is genuine, unlike some other right-wing talking heads, and started with that public humiliation. Tucker is interviewed in the article and references the incident, and some people who know Tucker say in the article that he's still angry about it. So he's not really a populist standing up for blue-collar Heartland America, but a bitter elite who still feels excluded from the good clubs and is mad that all the "nice people" won't treat him with any respect. Don't get mad, get even seems to be his motto now.

Last edited:
I hadn’t seen that Crossfire clip in a long time. I forgot Paul Belaga was the other guy. He’s a horrible hack too. Glad he’s not as prominent as Tucker is now.

Stewart never got a chance to finish his basic point about the Crossfire format. One thing we’ve learned since is that the format is fine because it’s thrived in sports journalism between people who get along but have different opinions about what is mostly entertainment. But in politics, it’s ugly and represents a system that doesn’t address our needs.

snip

"It's hard to top the absurdity of this (Bush 43) administration". We were all so young and naïve.

Back