• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Yes. To me it sounds like a European black bird at first and the switches to house sparrows when they put the ballot in the drop box.

It's amazing what video and audio technology can do these days, creating realistic bird noises even though they don't exist. Stunning stuff, really.

Upper Midwestern legislatures vote to stop counting ballots on November 3. Gorsuch agrees.

That isn't how the voting works in these states. For instance, we turned in our ballots early. We have already been told the ballots were accepted and will be counted. They will be counted with the votes cast on election day. The only ballots that will not be counted are the ones that have yet to arrive in the mail and that should be but a fraction. Not saying that isn't meaningful, but it very likely won't be enough ballots to avoid calling the election.

supporters_by_race.jpg

supporters_by_age_group.jpg

Old white people suck, RJ in shambles

Apparently our nation has no one between the age of 45 and 54.

That isn't how the voting works in these states. For instance, we turned in our ballots early. We have already been told the ballots were accepted and will be counted. They will be counted with the votes cast on election day. The only ballots that will not be counted are the ones that have yet to arrive in the mail and that should be but a fraction. Not saying that isn't meaningful, but it very likely won't be enough ballots to avoid calling the election.

I think it's gonna be state-by-state

different rules around when ballots can start to be processed, capacity for processing, percentage of votes that are mail-in, etc.

I'm pretty surprised to see that 538 gives Trump a 1-in-4 chance of winning at least one state that Hillary won in 2016. I would've guessed maybe Nevada or New Hampshire (if any) about a month ago, but if polling is anywhere close to accurate, which state(s) could he possibly have a 24% chance to flip this year?

The 3 possibilities are NV, NH and MN, but Biden has had consistent leads in all 4. MN was polling close a few months back, but the lead has gotten bigger until a recent close poll, like 3 points. NV used to be barely blue, and Hillary only won it by 1 point, but it's been polling in more like the 5-7 point range recently. I agree with you flipping any of those states should have a lower % possibility.

I don't want to dream but I kind of do

Just wait until next Tuesday when you see the long lines around voting precincts that have certain predominant hues. GA and FL seem to experience that same problem every election cycle. Odd how that happens.

Trump supporters can't handle heat either apparently.

the rural idyllic rears its head again

Meh, black birds are a suburban yard birds in much of Europe and house sparrows are an invasive species in the US that are most common in McDonald’s and Walmart parking lots. The literally live in people’s houses in the UK, thus the name.

Trump supporters can't handle heat either apparently.

If 87 degrees is bothering a bunch of Floridians that much then they should really be a lot more concerned about global warming.

If 87 degrees is bothering a bunch of Floridians that much then they should really be a lot more concerned about global warming.

Floridians who can’t handle 87 degree weather for a few hours need to go back up north.

The 3 possibilities are NV, NH and MN, but Biden has had consistent leads in all 4. MN was polling close a few months back, but the lead has gotten bigger until a recent close poll, like 3 points. NV used to be barely blue, and Hillary only won it by 1 point, but it's been polling in more like the 5-7 point range recently. I agree with you flipping any of those states should have a lower % possibility.

I don't see Trump winning any state that Hillary carried. They did make a major play for MN and NV, but the polling for Biden in both states has steadily improved over the past few weeks, and he also has a substantial lead in NH now. If Trump wins it will be by sweeping nearly all of the battleground states, not any blue states from 2016, imo.

I think I posted this above but I’ll point out again that Raymond James Stadium is a polling place and they diverted voter traffic for the Trump rally.

Biden is doing a drive-in rally at the Fairgrounds right now. Pete did events in Tampa and St. Pete yesterday.

Back