• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

“Excuse me...boss? There must be some kind of mistake. I went to Wake Forest...so....”

I mean median salary is like 65,000 after 6 years or so which is the total US median family income so yeah you should be doing alright compared to most and if you aren’t then something happened. To say capitalism ruined your life should mean you are unemployed, hungry, and homeless which certainly should not be the case for anyone with a college degree from Wake unless like I said something happened, massive medical debt is about all I can see as a capitalist factor.

i'm just waiting for rj to make the jump to "if you vote for him but you are mad about it, you're really voting for trump"

Hypocrite Townie shouldn't try to put words in my mouth given how bad he is at using them himself.

A person who requests forgiveness while refusing to give any is a hypocrite of the highest order. This is Townie.

I fucking hate these bullshit arguments. 2 Party Politics is ass. Every 4 years I end up somehow owing my vote to motherfuckers who despise me and encourage capitalist forces to ruin my life. I'm so fucking tempted to just never vote again out of pure spite for these goddamn electoral shakedowns. Spend years pleading and debating over the bare minimum of necessities that you need from the government, and basically get laughed at by moderates, but oh boy, the minute that primary ends, every fucking liberal comes out of the woodwork with their hand out.

Pretty much. I think one of the things I liked the most about the Sanders 2020 campaign was the focus on human dignity. It’s just not something you see mentioned.

Pretty much. I think one of the things I liked the most about the Sanders 2020 campaign was the focus on human dignity. It’s just not something you see mentioned.

But he was mean to the bankers.

I mean median salary is like 65,000 after 6 years or so which is the total US median family income so yeah you should be doing alright compared to most and if you aren’t then something happened. To say capitalism ruined your life should mean you are unemployed, hungry, and homeless which certainly should not be the case for anyone with a college degree from Wake unless like I said something happened, massive medical debt is about all I can see as a capitalist factor.

Yeah, what am I missing? Is MDMH really, personally, missing the bare necessities that he needs from govt, and is his life really ruined? If so, what happened?

I think MDMH has posted his own personal story enough on here by now but it shouldn’t matter that you can’t muster up the imagination or empathy enough to just fucking agree to disagree.

I think MDMH has posted his own personal story enough on here by now but it shouldn’t matter that you can’t muster up the imagination or empathy enough to just fucking agree to disagree.

It's a pretty disturbing tendency that I have noticed on the Tunnels.

Yeah, what am I missing? Is MDMH really, personally, missing the bare necessities that he needs from govt, and is his life really ruined? If so, what happened?

if MDMH can't realuze that NOT voting for Biden is a vote FOR Trump then he simply cannot be personal responsibility

I have said over and over that Trump is the worst and most evil president we have ever had. There is NO choice here because it's SO simple

But he's obviously got everything figured out... pathetic...

No, I have a comfortable and stable life based on the standards of the average American, which means I live paycheck to paycheck with a small buffer of savings, have debt up to my eyeballs that I will literally never pay off (most of which is admittedly of my own doing, having chosen to attend Wake Forest with no financial support beyond financial aid) and I would be financially ruined if either my wife or I ever suffered a debilitating health event such as serious cancer. The rest of my family is the same situation, except with less income, no savings, and worse health. Beyond that - my close community - neighbors, coworkers, are all in similar scenarios with low paying human services careers, high deductible health care plans they can't afford to use, and student debt from online counseling masters degrees they need in their field to make the big leap from 30k a year to 45k a year.

Last edited:
who's the banker

2574e1c51e6a36069dcb73b7cf6cd182.jpg

No, I have a comfortable and stable life based on the standards of the average American, which means I live paycheck to paycheck with a small buffer of savings, have debt up to my eyeballs that I will literally never pay off (most of which is admittedly of my own doing, having chosen to attend Wake Forest with no financial support beyond financial aid) and I would be financially ruined if either my wife or I ever suffered a debilitating health event such as serious cancer. The rest of my family is the same situation, except with less income, no savings, and worse health. Beyond that - my close community - neighbors, coworkers, are all in similar scenarios with low paying human services careers, high deductible health care plans they can't afford to use, and student debt from online counseling masters degrees they need in their field to make the big leap from 30k a year to 45k a year.

If you could do it all over again where would you have gone to college?

If you could do it all over again where would you have gone to college?

I met my wife at Wake, so I wouldnt change. Otherwise, I would have gone to NC State.or maybe South Carolina if their financial aid package had been very good

I met my wife at Wake, so I wouldnt change. Otherwise, I would have gone to NC State.or maybe South Carolina if their financial aid package had been very good

so you admit that you benefited from capitalism. curious!

if MDMH can't realuze that NOT voting for Biden is a vote FOR Trump then he simply cannot be personal responsibility

I have said over and over that Trump is the worst and most evil president we have ever had. There is NO choice here because it's SO simple

But he's obviously got everything figured out... pathetic...

Are you doing rj? Not really working.

Back