• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

with BBD on this, tbh. trump's lack of leadership during this pandemic is a way better topos than whether he's able or not to walk down a ramp. a lot of Americans struggle with mobility, it's really cringy (and ableist) to watch people go after Trump for this.

When there is so much other shit to criticize him for, there is no reason to give any oxygen to making fun of his mobility. Just focus on the other shit.

When there is so much other shit to criticize him for, there is no reason to give any oxygen to making fun of his mobility. Just focus on the other shit.

It's not about his "mobility". It's about him saying he's perfect. If he doesn't get held accountable, he will continue doing it. Plus, he went off for ten minutes about last night. If there's a drumbeat against him, he will lose it more and more.

Again, this is why Dems lose.

Trump says he's "perfect". He says in the best shape of any person in the world. He mocks everyone about anything.

He'll never understand, but it is what a bully gets.

As Harmonious says (and I have said for years), whining about treating Trump as he treats others is a why Dems lose elections. People don't like "leaders" who let themselves be run over and bullied.

The point of BBDs-and others-objection is that it's not just Trump who suffers from people "treating Trump like that". I'm with them on this-Tammy Duckworth, or someone that looks up to her-could not have enjoyed that.

However, I have no problem making fun of Trump for dedicating an eighth of his speech to explaining the interaction.

I understand their theory but disagree with it.

It had nothing to do with Tammy Duckworth or anyone else with a challenge. This is about Donald Trump and Donald Trump only. You can't generalize versus a specific.

In a vacuum, I'd agree, but this isn't a vacuum.

Not holding him accountable is far worse for people with challenges. It shows he can treat anyone horribly with no recourse.

Ignoring him or saying he's wrong has failed. He will not stop until it causes him pain.

We need to make him lose his shit every day and in every way we can.

The more unbalanced he can be pushed to be. The more insane tweet storms he creates. The bigger the spread in the election will be. The better the chance to take the Senate and other lower races.

He needs to be hit from all sides on a consistent basis. As soon as he starts his rant, hit him about something else.

One of the main reasons he acts the way he does is no one hits him back in kind or worse. He's never paid a price for it. That time needs to end.

Make no mistake about it, I am not saying do this all the time. Trump is unique. One size does not fit all.

I understand their theory but disagree with it.

It had nothing to do with Tammy Duckworth or anyone else with a challenge. This is about Donald Trump and Donald Trump only. You can't generalize versus a specific.

In a vacuum, I'd agree, but this isn't a vacuum.

Not holding him accountable is far worse for people with challenges. It shows he can treat anyone horribly with no recourse.

Ignoring him or saying he's wrong has failed. He will not stop until it causes him pain.

We need to make him lose his shit every day and in every way we can.

Hold him accountable for his words, not the way his body moves.

However, I have no problem making fun of Trump for dedicating an eighth of his speech to explaining the interaction.

That is the entire point of the video. This supposed tough guy whining for 15 minutes about the steepness (a lie) of a ramp he had to walk down. It is not mocking him for struggling to walk down the ramp, it’s mocking him for lying about the ramp and complaining for 15 minutes about made up stuff.

The logic being used to excuse ableist language towards Trump is the same logic that could be used to excuse calling Warren “Pocahontas.”

I’ve said my piece. It’s morally wrong to sink to Trump’s level and mock him for physical limitations. Other people disagree. Just be conscious of the words you use and their possible effects on everyone, not just your target.

I think others could see someone standing up for them against a bully. If there is a price to pay that is more than shaking one's head, many people will stop acting that way.

It is worth pointing out that the POTUS looks, acts, walks, and talks like someone who has had a stroke and has limited control over his bodily functions.

With allllll the shit we've got going on right now, Joe Biden pokes his head out of his little gopher hole to tweet about
...Nicolas Maduro??
Fuck that imperialist moron.

Back