• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

What if Trump doesn't want to be president anymore, and it's South Park in real life? He keeps coming up with dumber and dumber shit to do and say, and his followers keep going with it. The only thing limiting his outbursts is the fear of looking weak, and the desire to run a fake news company after he's out of office.

Biden up 50-36 in a NYT/Siena College poll.

Trump still has over 90% support from Republicans but he’s down 18% among Independents.

Got to start wondering how GOP candidates in close senate races are going to balance this.

Ask that bitch Linda bennett. Glad I don't have to see her pro-trump commercials anymore.

As a republican you are fucked if you don't get Trump's base, so if Trump goes down in flames you are going down in flames unless you can somehow distance yourself from Trump without him noticing. I know there might be some polls that show its not necessarily the case but I just don't see how Republicans aren't no longer identifying as Republican. Like for every Republican not voting for Trump they realize it is now party Trump and disassociate, that 90% number just becomes static because while you are a Republican not supporting trump you no longer count in that figure.

Something that I have not really seen much discussion about regarding VBM (may have missed it) is that the US military has been voting by mail, from all over the world, for 100 years. More? President bone spurs wouldn't know that though.

Trump's at 90% among Republicans but the problem is that he is he is exasperating the shrinking of the Republican Party

I don't think any of what normally happens matters. He is working on excuses now and will float all of them if he loses because his personality disorder will not allow for straight up rejection. Like his brain lives in the world he creates and makes it real, so it will be the illegal voter Chinese hoax mail in fraud fault for any loss. Saying he won't accept defeat is the easiest bet there is, not saying he wont leave but the guy is easy to figure out and there's no way he accepts out right rejection.

Biden up 50-36 in a NYT/Siena College poll.

Trump still has over 90% support from Republicans but he’s down 18% among Independents.

Got to start wondering how GOP candidates in close senate races are going to balance this.

Is there any data on if number of registered republicans has decreased in the Trump-era?

Is there any data on if number of registered republicans has decreased in the Trump-era?

Gallup finds that 25% polled consider themselves to be Republicans compared to 40% Independent and 31% Democrat.

25% is the lowest since January 2019. By comparison, it was at 29% going into the 2018 Blue Wave. The lowest under Trump was 22% in January 2018.

Interesting note that Democratic affiliation went up from 27% in September 2018 to 35% at the end of October 2018. The last time Dems got to 35% was going into the 2012 election. The recent peak for Dems was 39% after Obama was elected.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Last edited:
Pop trying really hard lately to justify his return vote to for trump.

The big difference is that not a lot of folks (Dem & Pub) hate Joe Biden like they did HRC.

I know plenty of Pubs that are pulling the Dem lever this time vs voting for Trump a second time as they know the country is in trouble.

Now that's the best laugh I've had today.

I'd probably agree with you if this was 2016, but 2020 Trump is a different man. He's way more unhinged, just look at his rally in Tulsa the other night. The dumb fuck spent the entire rally addressing media slights against in an awkward and psychotic way.

All Biden has to do is slightly twist the knife during the debate and Trump is only going to fucking lose his shit. The syphilis has completely taken control of his brain.

The big difference is that not a lot of folks (Dem & Pub) hate Joe Biden like they did HRC.

I know plenty of Pubs that are pulling the Dem lever this time vs voting for Trump a second time as they know the country is in trouble.

Oh, no doubt. My point is an a easy to dislike choice for VP (like Warren) or a debate meltdown can cost him the election.

Nothing is ever a "mortal lock" in politics.

No; Pop just laughing at all the "mortal lock" Biden supporters who forgot what happened in 2016.

There are two major problem with "remember 2016". First is millions of people hated Hillary. People don't hate Biden. More importantly, in 2016, people hadn't seen Trump for who he is. Most just saw the TV personality. That's not the case any longer.

Oh, no doubt. My point is an a easy to dislike choice for VP (like Warren) or a debate meltdown can cost him the election.

For what it's worth, Warren is 40% favorable, 43% unfavorable. Biden 44% favorable, 46% unfavorable. Pence 41/47. Trump is 40% favorable, 55% unfavorable.

Don't think he'll pick Warren though.

The VP choice isn't going to make a difference.

Back