• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Senate not looking good for Pubs either.

Right now it looks like Collins, Gardner, McSally and Daines will all lose. Sadly, so will Jones in AL. Right now, it looks like a minimum of a net +3 for the Dems. That would mean 50/50 in the Senate. If the Dems can pick up one of the GA seats, Tillis' seat or maybe even Moscow Mitch's throne, the Dems should get control.

If the election becomes a blowout, other seats could be in play, but that's not likely.

He is right. Dems are wusses. They "hit" Trump and Republicans with Nerf bats when the right is using AR-15s, lead pipes and dumping shit on Dems. As I've said for decades here, Dems need to grow a pair.

I don't see any of that in the article.

I was laughing about his assertion that Trump's aides were grifting Trump and the campaign and feeding the dumb orange fuckwit with fake polls

I was laughing about his assertion that Trump's aides were grifting Trump and the campaign and feeding the dumb orange fuckwit with fake polls

It fits perfectly with what we've seen in this administration. It's been a buffet of awfulness, but one clear feature is that Trump has surrounded himself with a motley crew of grifters, and they're all milking the government teat of every dime they can find. Trump and his kids and their spouses are all grifters themselves, so he's basically hired what he knows. It makes sense that his campaign aides are on the take too, and like all grifters they're just con artists who are telling him what he wants to hear. The sad part is that they'll definitely be motivated this fall to win the election by any means possible, so they can stay in office and keep raking in that sweet, sweet government cash.

My bad. I had seen Carville talking about his article and saying that about Dems last night.

It fits perfectly with what we've seen in this administration. It's been a buffet of awfulness, but one clear feature is that Trump has surrounded himself with a motley crew of grifters, and they're all milking the government teat of every dime they can find. Trump and his kids and their spouses are all grifters themselves, so he's basically hired what he knows. It makes sense that his campaign aides are on the take too, and like all grifters they're just con artists who are telling him what he wants to hear. The sad part is that they'll definitely be motivated this fall to win the election by any means possible, so they can stay in office and keep raking in that sweet, sweet government cash.

yep, we are ultimately who get fucked, but the double-crossing of Trump makes me happy in a way. It's tragic, but its fucking opera.

Update from Pennsylvania - the Trump campaign is spamming us with a commercial praising his coronavirus response, with appearances from Andrew Cuomo, Gavin Newsom, and the Blue Angels (in case anyone wondered what that all was about, it was for a campaign ad.)

Right now it looks like Collins, Gardner, McSally and Daines will all lose. Sadly, so will Jones in AL. Right now, it looks like a minimum of a net +3 for the Dems. That would mean 50/50 in the Senate. If the Dems can pick up one of the GA seats, Tillis' seat or maybe even Moscow Mitch's throne, the Dems should get control.

If the election becomes a blowout, other seats could be in play, but that's not likely.

I think Tillis will lose even if Trump wins NC.

He complains about this board on the other board, too. Some posters just like to complain.

Hopefully everyone on the left can agree on this: Wrangor is and has always been a bitch.

But it is interesting for him to basically confirm he is in lockstep with Trump. We've always known it, but good of him to crawl out of his hovel and confirm.

Jobs report just released.

Unemployment rate now at 14.7%.

Highest level since the Great Depression.

Last edited:
Jobs report just released.

Unemployment rate now at 14.7%.

Highest level since the Great Depression.

And, NED faps furiously!!! How pathetic do you have to be to revel in record unemployment because it might help your preferred candidate. Hang in there NED, maybe we'll have a spike in COVID-19 deaths and even more folks will lose their jobs!! That will really help Biden!!!111 I'm sure you'll deflect, but you did post this on the "2020 Presidential Election" thread.

And, NED faps furiously!!! How pathetic do you have to be to revel in record unemployment because it might help your preferred candidate. Hang in there NED, maybe we'll have a spike in COVID-19 deaths and even more folks will lose their jobs!! That will really help Biden!!!111 I'm sure you'll deflect, but you did post this on the "2020 Presidential Election" thread.

my favorite thing about Conservatism is the taking of facts as threats

Speaking of jack offs...

Please point to where I “reveled in record unemployment”.

It’s a thread about the 2020 election and the unemployment rate is historically one of the most important metrics heading into a presidential election.

You think I revel in the consequences of our inept administration? Go eat a big bag of dicks.

Also is moonz back? That reads like an angry Moonz post. I can smell them from a mile away.

We have a bald basketball coach now. Only a matter of time. If we still had tags, I’m sure we’d see something like “bald bz” on every thread.

Please point to where I “reveled in record unemployment”.

It’s a thread about the 2020 election and the unemployment rate is historically one of the most important metrics heading into a presidential election.

You think I revel in the consequences of our inept administration? Go eat a big bag of dicks.

Consequences of the administration? You don't think this global pandemic has anything to do with the unemployment rate? This is just the result of the administration's economic policies? Interesting take. Don't misunderstand, I think Trump's performance in handling the pandemic has been poor. Lots of missteps. I think a more proactive, science-based policy and approach would have provided tremendous benefits for all of us. I don't think that approach would have resulted in a lower unemployment rate. If anything, the unemployment rate would be higher because of a more aggressive approach to social distancing and less emphasis on opening up the economy. But hey, if it make you feel better to pin the unemployment rate solely on the "inept administration" go for it.

As to my larger point, there are myriad legitimate reasons to criticize Trump's performance as President. Point to his poor policies and his personal failings as a reason to vote him out. Run a strong candidate and beat him straight up. Just don't take joy in bad news that is affecting millions of folks. I'm certainly not saying everyone here is doing that but to say that some aren't at least "encouraged" by the bad economic news is being willfully blind. And yes, I think NED is one of those.

Back