• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

At the end of the day, aren’t two things irrefutably true? 1). There will be record turnout and turnout favors dems and 2) more Trump ‘16 voters will vote for Biden than Hillary ‘16 voters that will now move to Trump (is there literally anyone in this second bucket?). I just keep going back to these two things and don’t see how Joe can lose given how close ‘16 election was.

Strongly agree with this

58% of all registered voters in NC have already cast a ballot

That seems to be the case in many states this year, and includes Republicans who are voting early in record numbers as well as Democrats, which would seem to cut into the GOP and Fox argument that early Democratic voting advantages will be wiped out on election day by a flood of Republican votes. If a lot more Republicans are voting early this year, it would figure that there won't be nearly as many eligible Republicans to vote on election day as there were in 2016, unless they're planning to vote twice as Dear Leader has suggested.

I’d caution reading too much into early voting numbers. This year is an outlier in many ways because of the pandemic. The youth turn out numbers are comforting but lots of people are voting early and absentee that would normally just do it on Election Day because of the disease. I definitely think this year will be above average turnout, but it ‘s quite possible that Election Day turn out will be very low compared to normal.

I’d caution reading too much into early voting numbers. This year is an outlier in many ways because of the pandemic. The youth turn out numbers are comforting but lots of people are voting early and absentee that would normally just do it on Election Day because of the disease. I definitely think this year will be above average turnout, but it ‘s quite possible that Election Day turn out will be very low compared to normal.

Yeah, but I’m thinking that the overall above average turnout would favor Dems more than Republicans.

At the end of the day, aren’t two things irrefutably true? 1). There will be record turnout and turnout favors dems and 2) more Trump ‘16 voters will vote for Biden than Hillary ‘16 voters that will now move to Trump (is there literally anyone in this second bucket?). I just keep going back to these two things and don’t see how Joe can lose given how close ‘16 election was.

#selfquote - only other possibility is that there was a group that didn’t vote in 2016 but are somehow fired up by MAGA / owning libs and show up now? I guess there could be a few of those....

“Quick guys!!! Put on your relaxed-fit Dickies and gas up the truck!! We gotta stop the hardcore radical centrist!! He wants to make us wear a mask during a pandemic and wants to tax our bosses a couple extra points on the top margin of their income and cover some poor people’s health insurance!!!!!! America will die without our help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link with some other video of Trump supporters harassing the bus before and during their journey.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/bi...rump-supporters-reportedly-harass-bus-on-i-35

The first one is group of Trump supporters just shouting Fox News conspiracy theories at the bus. We just have a large portion of the electorate that bathed in ignorance and can’t be trusted to participate in a functioning society.

Imagine being crazy enough that Bull Barr isn’t corrupt enough for you. What an alternative world these people are living in.

91 Million people have voted.

137 Million in total voted last election.

Pundits project 157 Million will vote this election.

At what point in time do all the early votes make it almost impossible for Trump to win? Does Biden need 60% of the early vote? 65%? Speculation is he'll get 66%? If that were true he'd be sitting on just under a 30M vote advantage with about 65-70M votes left. If that speculation is close Trump is going to need well over 70% of all votes cast on election day; electoral college and all.

I wonder how I could ever have a civil conversation with people like that.

91 Million people have voted.

137 Million in total voted last election.

Pundits project 157 Million will vote this election.

At what point in time do all the early votes make it almost impossible for Trump to win? Does Biden need 60% of the early vote? 65%? Speculation is he'll get 66%? If that were true he'd be sitting on just under a 30M vote advantage with about 65-70M votes left. If that speculation is close Trump is going to need well over 70% of all votes cast on election day; electoral college and all.

Biden needs the mail in and early votes to actually count.

Biden needs the mail in and early votes to actually count.

Again, 91 Million people have ALREADY voted. Those are ballots received that will be counted per the states that have received them. Trump is trying to stop receipt of mailed ballots after election day, etc. These votes are already in the bag. That is just a stunning number.

Again, 91 Million people have ALREADY voted. Those are ballots received that will be counted per the states that have received them. Trump is trying to stop receipt of mailed ballots after election day, etc. These votes are already in the bag. That is just a stunning number.

I mean, Republican Party is trying to get 100K votes thrown out in just one county.

Back