• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Senate Races

"Cal Cunningham, married father of two, told another woman he wanted to kiss her" is more accurate.

"Cal Cunningham married father of two admits to affair with wife of veteran" is how the Republican party is portraying this per the texts my wife and I both received.

I think politics is so us vs them now that this won't have too much effect. It takes a truly great (or awful) candidate to really swing the vote. And even that is more getting people out to vote that otherwise may not bother.

Crazy. Cal Cunningham probably marched to 1000 cadences about “Jody”, then he became one.

"Cal Cunningham married father of two admits to affair with wife of veteran" is how the Republican party is portraying this per the texts my wife and I both received.

I think politics is so us vs them now that this won't have too much effect. It takes a truly great (or awful) candidate to really swing the vote. And even that is more getting people out to vote that otherwise may not bother.

The people who think that were never going to vote for him anyway. The danger for Cunningham is that some independents and maybe even a few Democrats may be turned off by this and just not vote for him, and it won't take very many to sink his chances against Tillis. Hopefully with all the covid news and general disgust with Trump it won't be enough to make a serious difference.

If the report today is true and Cal had multiple affairs, he is truly a piece of shit. And he probably is.

I loath Cunningham so much. Proud to have voted for Erica Smith in the primary.

That being said Tom Tillis is the one of the worst North Carolinians alive today, so I guess I don't have much of a choice.

I loath Cunningham so much. Proud to have voted for Erica Smith in the primary.

That being said Tom Tillis is the one of the worst North Carolinians alive today, so I guess I don't have much of a choice.

Brad has to be as hard as an overripe banana at the news. A serial philanderer running for a statewide office, he’s toast !

Brad has to be as hard as an overripe banana at the news. A serial philanderer running for a statewide office, he’s toast !

Counterpoint: admit the truth in private (accidentally on tape) but deny in public. Profit!

Several recent polls I've seen of the Cunningham-Tillis race (pre-sexting announcement) had Cunningham widening his lead (I believe one had him up by ten points), so at least he's got some cushion. Whether that will be enough to withstand the certain hit he's going to take is anybody's guess.

I wonder when the campaign actually planned to leak this? Gotta think mid October, but goofus got COVID and forced their hand.

[h=1]A Democratic Senate Candidate Wrote A Book Filled With Racist Tropes[/h] The president of the Georgia NAACP called the novel disturbing, and said Matt Lieberman should drop out of the contest.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/a-de...with-racist-tropes_n_5f2cd06ac5b6e96a22b03e3e

If Lieberman drops out, it's more likely a Democrat, Rev. Warnock, makes the run off. If he doesn't, it's likely Loeffler and Collins are an all-GOP runoff.

Coming back to this - Lieberman should still drop out, but Warnock has looked much better polling wise as far as making the runoff.

For those who don't follow specific state rules that closely, Georgia requires a runoff if nobody reaches 50% of the vote, so Warnock needs to get into the top two to advance to a runoff.

The latest polls have Warnock clearly leading, so it would come down to Warnock vs. Loeffler or Collins in the December run-off.

I don't really know anything about Cunningham, but from the way outside he is such a donk that these makeout texts are the most genuine thing about him

I don't think the sexting/sex stuff ("sexting" if he only sent nasty texts and maybe a dick-pick; "sex" if he actually tapped it) will have much effect on Cal's election prospects. But from a personal standpoint, wow. If he truly loves/cares about his family and what this has presumably done to them, his #1 priority has got to be healing that relationship, and not sure how a Senate campaign fits in with that when you've just turned two families' lives upside down (and in the case of the chick in California, maybe upside down, sideways, vertical, horizontal..you name it...badumbum). Point being, tough to take that indiscretion home and, unless you're a Trump, have any sense of normalcy again for a loooong time. But OTOH politicians for the most part are a different breed; only he knows if this will slow down his ambition and priorities going forward.

Last edited:
I don't think the sexting/sex stuff ("sexting" if he only sent nasty texts and maybe a dick-pick; "sex" if he actually tapped it) will have much effect on Cal's election prospects. But from a personal standpoint, wow. If he truly loves/cares about his family and what this has presumably done to them, his #1 priority has got to be healing that relationship, and not sure how a Senate campaign fits in with that when you've just turned two families' lives upside down (and in the case of the chick in California, maybe upside down, sideways, vertical, horizontal..you name it...badumbum). Point being, tough to take that indiscretion home and, unless you're a Trump, have any sense of normalcy again for a loooong time. But OTOH politicians for the most part are a different breed; only he knows if this will slow down his ambition and priorities going forward.

He's 30 days out from the election and its not like there are a ton of in-person opportunities. The show must go on.

Back