• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

I'm still not in bed, cuz of ANOTHER OT game. What a night!

Early slate was not great but this night slate of games has been incredible imo

I mean, who ever paid attention to Murray State? But they've got some guys with sweet skills

I'm so pissed we're about to have to wait 12 hours for more of this

Did USF go brain dead? Why not foul immediately? So strange.

Well, this matches the best Murray State has ever done:

Murray State Season By Season Results
SEASON W-L RESULTS
2019 1-1 Defeated Marquette in first round, 83-64
Lost to Florida State in second round, 90-62
2018 0-1 Lost to West Virginia in first round, 85-68
2012 1-1 Lost to Marquette in second round, 62-53
2010 1-1 Lost to Butler in second round, 54-52

Maybe this will be the year!

Murray state has been good for a decade +

Murray State is one of the best mid-major programs in the NCAA. They have played basketball since 1925. Their all time record is 1692-906. They have been a member of the Ohio Valley Conference since its origination in 1948. The have been the OVC regular season champion 27 times. They have been the OVC tourney champion 17 times. They have participated in 18 NCAA tournaments and 8 NIT tournaments. They have won 20 or more games 32 times in their history, 27 as an OVC member. Their record in OVC competition is 721-344.

Yeah I’ve always kind of liked Huggy Bear. Seems like a players coach. The image of him hugging his player on the floor who got hurt in the tourney a couple years ago is a pretty iconic big dance moment.

Hard to believe that scene was 12 years ago (2010 Final Four vs. Kentucky). It doesn't seem that long ago.

Two of our reginal neighbors and frequent non-con opponents have some pretty amazing NCAA tournament stats:
Davidson has not graduated a 4-year class w/o at least one NCAA appearance since 1994.
Richmond has 9 wins as a 12 seed or worse since 1979.

Two of our reginal neighbors and frequent non-con opponents have some pretty amazing NCAA tournament stats:
Davidson has not graduated a 4-year class w/o at least one NCAA appearance since 1994.
Richmond has 9 wins as a 12 seed or worse since 1979.

Also saw that no other team has more than 4 over that same time frame, which makes it even more remarkable.

Maybe the pendulum can swing back from the stupid adherence to advanced metrics being used to justify trash conferences getting way more bids than they deserve.

Maybe the pendulum can swing back from the stupid adherence to advanced metrics being used to justify trash conferences getting way more bids than they deserve.

seriously, it would only happen to Wake that our best season in years and years meant the conference sucked (same thing we hear in football).

Back