• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

That was the year that Kentucky smoked us in the Southeastern Regionals in Charlotte.

I was there. The first time Odom called a timeout I think the score was 28-6.

Kentucky and Western Kentucky made the finals. I sold my tickets.

When I left Charlotte it was snowing. Hence, I decided not to go to Kentucky and burglarize every house in the state, since no one was home.

i was there too. sitting behind the basket where kentucky drained 3 after 3 while the redneck behind me kept yelling BOOM

for sale sign was after louisville kicked the shit out of us in the 8-9 game in 1992

i was there too. sitting behind the basket where kentucky drained 3 after 3 while the redneck behind me kept yelling BOOM

for sale sign was after louisville kicked the shit out of us in the 8-9 game in 1992

It was a long night. I was there and was glad that the Western Kentucky-FSU game was the first game. It was a good game. FSU won in OT. I saw a UK and an WKU fan get into a fight in the concourse. But then our game started and it was not a good game.

We didn't belong in the 1992 tourney. The only reason that we got a bid was Rodney Rogers.

Thanks for that distinction. I was not around for the "For Sale" signs episode.

Edit: I think Mashburn had about 50 points in that game, right? Not really, but it seemed that way.
Dbl. Edit: I remember then putting their arms up and yelling "three" to the point of extreme annoyance.

Last edited:
It was a long night. I was there and was glad that the Western Kentucky-FSU game was the first game. It was a good game. FSU won in OT. I saw a UK and an WKU fan get into a fight in the concourse. But then our game started and it was not a good game.

We didn't belong in the 1992 tourney. The only reason that we got a bid was Rodney Rogers.

more because we beat duke late in the season

This Loyola - OSU game is terrible… 9-7 under 10
In the first half. Brutal shooting.

I've only seen two or three team so far that look as good or better than the Deacs, and one of those teams we beat by 20.

i have to think this loyola team is far more competent than what we just watched because they looked like an intramural B team

I was torn on that 1. I'm from Balmur and was happy for Odom and UMBC, and it wasn't like UVA was going anywhere deep that year without their best player. They did a tad better the following year with Hunter back in the line-up. And that last trio of games against Purdue, Auburn and TT were awfully tough on the nerves.

Oh and this Loyola team is good - they just had a bad shooting half. Loyola and St Mary's are the 2 small conference schools (outside of Gonzaga) that could make a run, and I'm rooting for both.

Thanks for reminding me about the first game. I had forgotten about FSU. The fight seems vaguely familiar, but could be I just heard about it.

Back